Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie. Easy Salmon Pot Pie is a seafood recreation of one of the most popular recipes on Spicy Southern Kitchen- Chicken Pot Pie. The lemon and pepper flavors of the Lemon Pepper Salmon is perfect for a pot pie. It really compliments the potatoes and the veggies in the filling and gives the pot pie a.
When cold fish is added to a hot pan, the fillets will immediately seize up and are more likely to cook unevenly. This cosy salmon pot pie is packed full of delicious,healthy ingredients. Contains leek,spinach + sweet potato,is low in fat and. You can have Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie using 16 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie
- You need 2 of 5 oz Salmon Fillets.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 each of Shallots, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Celery, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Potato, diced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Clam Juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Sherry.
- You need 1/4 cup of Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 1 of 8oz Lobster Meat, cut into 1" chunks.
- It’s 4 each of Scallops, halved or quartered depending on size, divided.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Peas, thawed.
- Prepare 1 of Egg Yolk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 2 of Puff Pastry.
Serve up salmon fillets for a nutritious supper. Serve up salmon fillets for a nutritious supper. Take your pick from a huge range of dishes, including leeky parcels, glazed salmon and fishcakes. Heart-healthy salmon tops this simple one-pot which will help towards your five-a-day.
Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie step by step
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper..
- Place your salmon fillets into a sous-vide pouch and vacuum seal the bag..
- Cook in a water bath at 41 C (106 F) for approximately 25 minutes or core temperature of 40 C (104 F) **Time and temperature is referenced from Thomas Keller?s Under Pressure sous-vide book**.
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan, add shallots and celery, and sweat..
- Add the potatoes and continue to sweat for 2-3 minutes..
- Whisk in the flour to coat all the vegetables..
- Add the Sherry and tomato sauce, stir to blend..
- Gradually whisk in the clam juice and cream until blended..
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stir frequently..
- Add the lobster and peas, season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F..
- Open the pouch of salmon and place 1 salmon fillet into each small baking dish..
- Pour the lobster sauce into the baking dishes, equally, almost to cover salmon..
- Place half the scallops around salmon and the remainder in the second dish..
- Whisk together the egg and milk in a small bowl..
- Brush the rim of the baking dishes with the egg wash..
- Place a portion piece of puff pastry on top of the dish and press down the sides..
- Brush the puff pastry with more egg wash..
- Place the baking dishes on a sheet tray..
- Cook in the oven until heated through, puffed and golden brown. Approximately 30 minutes..
This new twist on an old favorite is a delicious baked salmon pie with vegetables and cheese. It takes less than an hour to prepare, and you can substitute the salmon with tuna, crab or shrimp! This is high in sodium. so it is not good for a low sodium diet! This crock pot salmon fillets with Asian style vegetables is a personal favorite. The idea comes from this Crock Pot Salmon Fillets and Green Beans I saw on A Year of Slow Cooking.