Savoury Veg Cake(Handwo). Rice, Chana dal, Toor dal, Urad dal, Dry methi seeds, Curd, Grated bottle gourd, Grated carrot. Indian cuisine is world-renowned, and Dhokla, a famous Gujarati dish is one of them. A keto version and that even eggless is just the right thing I wanted.
This traditional Gujarati snack is typically enjoyed with a green chutney. Recipe for Handwo – A Gujarat Spicy Lentil Cake. Handwo is a Gujarati steamed delicacy. You can have Savoury Veg Cake(Handwo) using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Savoury Veg Cake(Handwo)
- You need 2 cups of Rice.
- You need 1 cup of Chana dal.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Toor dal.
- You need 4 tbsp of Urad dal.
- You need 2 tbsp of Dry methi seeds.
- You need 1 cup of Curd.
- Prepare 1 cup of Grated bottle gourd.
- It’s 2 cups of Grated carrot.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Ginger garlic green chilli paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need As required of Water.
- You need For of Tempring.
- It’s 8 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 2 pinch of Asafoetida.
- It’s 2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 2 tsp of Sesame seeds.
- You need 3-4 of Dry red chillis.
The batter is made from soaked rice and a mixture of lentils, fermented. · Savory Veggie Corn Cheese Muffins or Veg corn muffins, veg muffins, savory muffins are a delicious breakfast recipe or tea time time. · This healthy, savory cauliflower cake recipe falls somewhere between a quiche and a meatless meatloaf. Garbanzo bean flour adds nutty flavor plus protein to. These cute savory cakes, with a nutty Sesame Seed crust, served warm with some pickle…just one word — YUM! The handwo batter takes a bit to cook all the way through.
Savoury Veg Cake(Handwo) step by step
- Firstly wash rice and dals and soak the rice and dals together for 4 to 5 hours..
- Drain and keep aside. Grind this mixture coarsely with very little water and rest it for about 6-7 hours..
- Squeeze the water from bottle gourd..
- After 7 hours add curd bottle gourd carrot ginger garlic chilli paste turmeric powder red chilli powder sugar lemon juice baking soda coriander leaves salt and water and mix well..
- Heat oil in tadka pan. Add mustard seeds cumin seeds sesame seeds asafoetida and dry red chilli..
- Add half of the tempering in the mixture. Mix well..
- Pour the mixture in the greased and dusted tin. Now pour the tempering over the mixture..
- Pre heat the oven at 180°c. Bake till the crust is hard and dark brown in colour..
- Serve hot with chhunda or sweet pickle or green chutney or tomato ketchup..
The concern for stove top cooking would be that the outside would get too brown before the inside gets cooked. Its also popularly known as vegetable cake. In this video, I am using main vegetables as carrot, cabbage and capsicum. You can also use oven to bake it like cake instead of using pan. Sumptuous Spoonfuls filled her savory sandwich cake with dill-infused egg salad.