ULTIMATE loaded baked potato soup. Potatoes and soup define comfort food for me (and pasta and cheese too!), so when you combine them together, it's like comfort food heaven! The best part about this recipe? It comes together fast, it's easy, yet is so full of yummy baked potato goodness.
Delish editors handpick every product we feature. We may earn commission from the links on this page. Bring it to a boil then reduce to a low heat and cook until the potatos are tender. You can have ULTIMATE loaded baked potato soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of ULTIMATE loaded baked potato soup
- It’s 8 slice of bacon cooked and crumbled (reserve some for garnish).
- You need 11 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 7 cup of milk (or 3.5 cups milk and 3.5 cups chicken stock).
- It’s 6-8 of baked potatoes(depending on size) peeled and diced.
- You need 4 of green onions chopped.
- You need 2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar (and additional for garnish).
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper (to taste).
Loaded Baked Potato Soup for Crockpot. Loaded Baked Potato Soup – All the flavors of a loaded baked potato comes together in this comforting soup! Looking for a hearty and satisfying soup that combines comfort and indulgence, all in one steaming bowl? Look no farther than this time-tested recipe for baked potato soup, which features a rich broth and all your favorite baked potato toppings.
ULTIMATE loaded baked potato soup step by step
- In large pot: melt butter over medium heat and whisk in flour. Let cook for few minutes.
- Add milk 1 cup at a time until all 7 cups added. (Continue whisking).
- Continue whisking milk until thickens..
- Once thick. Add your potatoes and stir. Mash some of the potatoes with the back of the spoon against the sides of the pot to add different textures..
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the sour cream, bacon and cheese..
- Serve immediately with chopped green onions, bacon crumbles and shredded cheese.
- SHORTCUT NOTE: If you dont have potatoes already baked and ready to go. In a separate pot boil your potatoes until soft, then transfer to your soup pot (where you've made your rue) and continue with step 4 ♡♡♡♡ equally delicious! I find russet and yellow potatoes work best for this soup.
Make Guy Fieri's easy fully-loaded baked potato soup from Guy's Big Bite, and top it with your favorite fixin's – bacon, cheese, sour cream and chives. When done, the tip of a paring knife should go through the potatoes easily. Loaded Baked Potato Soup is my definition of pure comfort food. All you need is a warm bowl of it, some crusty bread and a comfy blanket. Just like a delicious baked potato, the soup is loaded with sour cream, lots of bacon and cheddar cheese.