Vickys Ocean (Fish) Pie, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Ocean (Fish) Pie, GF DF EF SF NF using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Ocean (Fish) Pie, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 600 grams of mixed fish – I use 300g cod, 200g smoked haddock and 100g salmon.
- You need 900 grams of white potatoes, peeled and cut into even pieces.
- Prepare 65 grams of dairy-free spread/butter plus extra for potatoes, around 50g.
- Prepare 50 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- It’s 150 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- It’s 450 ml of rice milk plus extra for potatoes, around 120mls.
- Prepare 75 grams of frozen peas.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need of onion powder.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
Vickys Ocean (Fish) Pie, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Peel and quarter the potatos and bring to boil in a pan of lightly salted water for around 20 mins.
- Meanwhile melt the spread or butter in a pan and add the flour to it to make a roux.
- Add the milk stirring constantly to avoid the white sauce going lumpy, and bring to the boil to thicken. Add the peas to the sauce, season with onion powder, salt, pepper and a bay leaf and take off the heat.
- Drain the potatos, add around 50g butter, a good splash of milk around 150mls, season with salt and pepper then mash them. They need to be wet enough to pipe or spread. Add more butter etc according to own taste.
- Cut the fish into inch chunks and alternate in a single layer on the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- Pour the peas and sauce over the fish, remember to remove the bay leaf.
- Spread the mashed potato on top, sometimes I add a sprinkle of nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavour but of course you could just use grated cheese.
- Bake at gas 8 / 220C for 25-30 minutes until the potato starts to crisp and the sauce starts to seep through the mash.
- You could also add some small prawns or shrimp, sweetcorn, onion to make the recipe go further, or use root mash for the topping for added flavour.