Amy's Sweet Potato and Ricotta Tarts .. COMBINE sweet potato wth the olive oil and cover the top of the tart loosely. It will seem like a lot but the sweet potato will collapse as it cooks. The top of the tart should wobble when touched then it's ready.
Follow the recipe to learn how to make amazing Itlian style homemade ravioli from. sweet potatoes, or yams peeled and grated. Line the pan with the pastry, coating between each layer with cooking spray or butter. Fill with the mixture of spinach, sweet potato, ricotta and dill. You can have Amy's Sweet Potato and Ricotta Tarts . using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Amy's Sweet Potato and Ricotta Tarts .
- It’s 400 grams of sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1 of olive oil.
- You need 2 of sheets puff pastry.
- It’s 3 of pieces short crust bacon.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cream.
- It’s 250 grams of ricotta or feta cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped chives.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of cracked black pepper.
A great alternative to pumpkin pie and best of all it's made with natural ingredients. The sweet potatoes are first baked in the oven until they caramelize. Sweet potatoes add texture and a light sweetness to these ricotta gnocchi. Gnocchi have to be one of my all time favorite Italian dishes and I do not think I have ever tasted a gnocchi I didn't like, although I must admit that the prune stuffed gnocchi popular in Milan are.
Amy's Sweet Potato and Ricotta Tarts . step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°C 360°F and line an oven tray with baking paper and lightly drizzle with olive oil ..
- Peel the sweet Potatoes and cut them into bite size pieces then place them onto paper lined oven tray and then drizzle them with olive oil and season well with cracked sea salt and cracked black pepper and place tray into the Preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes until golden , remove from heat and leave to cool ..
- Cut the bacon into very small pieces and place some oil in a fry pan , once heated add the prepared bacon to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until lightly browned , remove from the pan and leave to cool and drain of any oil ..
- lightly oil a pie or flan tin with oil then lay the pastry over dish and gently push pastry into place in the dish , cut a little of the excess pastry off if any but leaving a little hanging over the sides . prick base with a fork all round and line with baking paper and fill paper with rice or beans to stop the center from rising . place in Preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden , remove from heat and leave to cool slightly ..
- In a bowl whisk the eggs then add the cream and whisk together now add the bacon , chives and 3/4 of the crumbled cheese and mix well to combine all ..
- Fill precooked pastry shell with the precooked sweet potatoes all through the bottom then pour the egg mixture over and into the sweet potato filled tart shells and top with the rest of the crumbled cheese and place in Preheat oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and puffed . serve hot with fresh salad leaves . enjoy . 🙂 ..
Spring vegetables bring fresh flavor to this Sweet Pea and Ricotta Tart Recipe from GoodHousekeeping.com. This pretty tart has a burst of spring vegetables in every bite. I just discovered this recipe and I've got to say, I never would have imagined how good Kale and Sweet Potatoes go together! I added a touch of cinnamon (my fave) as well and this was just a wonderfully tasty meal. This fresh, rustic tart will be a tasty addition to any summer table and is another way to enjoy some of the season's best produce.