Beetroot Chapati tacos with sweet corn.
You can have Beetroot Chapati tacos with sweet corn using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beetroot Chapati tacos with sweet corn
- Prepare of For the tacos.
- Prepare 1 cup of beetroot whole wheat flour (desiatta.com).
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- Prepare As required of Water to knead.
- It’s of For the filling.
- You need 1 cup of sweet corn kernels.
- Prepare 1 of medium capsicum sliced.
- Prepare 1 of onion sliced.
- It’s 1/4 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s To taste of Salt.
- Prepare To taste of Chilli powder.
- It’s As required of Coriander leaves for garnish.
Beetroot Chapati tacos with sweet corn instructions
- For the tacos- mix the beetroot wheat flour and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and crumble with fingers and mix it well. Add water slowly to form a smooth dough. Alternatively you can add beetroot puree and reduce the water content or make it with only wheat flour..
- Roll small circles of 3-4" dia. Brush them with oil.
- Preheat oven. In the grilling plate place the tacos to take u-shape. (Image is only for reference, taken from the internet).
- Bake for ten minutes till it crisps up..
- For the filling- microwave the sweet corn for 3 minutes on high power with water till soft..
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the sliced onions and saute.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw aroma goes away.
- Add the capsicum slices and saute on high flame so that it is crunchy.
- Add salt and chilli powder.
- Add the tomato sauce and switch off the flame..
- Mix the boiled and drained corn kernels..
- Check for salt.
- Assemble the filling inside the tacos and garnish with coriander leaves when serving!.