Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins.
You can cook Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins
- Prepare 4 of russet potatoes, scrubbed well and dried.
- It’s as needed of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1/4 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen corn.
- You need 1/4 cup of salsa of choice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of chili powder.
- It’s of juice from 1/2 lime.
- You need of shredded Colby jack cheese.
Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Slice the potatoes in half, length wise, and rub olive oil over the halves. Season the skin side with salt and pepper and lay them skin side down on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake for 40 or so minutes, flipping the potatoes every 10 minutes to keep them baking evenly and to prevent burning, until the potatoes are tender. Once they're done, remove them from the oven and start the filling while they cool slightly..
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the pepper and onion and cook until they have begun to soften, about 5 or so minutes. Then stir in the garlic, black beans, corn and seasonings. Stir and cook another couple of minutes until fragrant, then stir in the salsa. Remove from the heat and set it aside..
- Your potatoes should have cooled enough to handle by now. Use a spoon to hollow out the insides of each half, but leave enough potato on the bottom and around the sides to make sure the skins are still sturdy. Spoon the black bean filling into each potato half and top with some shredded cheese. Return them to the oven for 5-10 minutes, until the filling is nice and hot and the cheese has melted. Then that's it!.