Carrot and Potato Gratin. This potato, carrot, and mushroom gratin is here for you. The soft flavors of the vegetables combine Cover the dish with a sheet of aluminum foil and place in oven. Dice potatoes into cubes and cut the carrots into slices.
Get the recipe for Celery Root, Carrot, and Potato Gratin » Anders Schonnemann. Last-Minute Recipes for Your Passover Seder. Sign up for our Nosher recipe newsletter! You can cook Carrot and Potato Gratin using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot and Potato Gratin
- You need 2 of onions, sliced (not diced).
- It’s 5 of potatoes, sliced thin.
- It’s 4 of carrots, sliced thin.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- It’s 1.5 cups of heavy cream.
- Prepare to taste of Dried thyme,.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of shredded parm cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of mixed shredded cheese (I used cheddar/mozz mix).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
This is the perfect dish to serve with green salad leaves,or a perfect accompaniment to fish or meat. An absolutely delicious gratin from Bon Appetite. Add the sliced potato and halved baby carrots and bring to the boil. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese.
Carrot and Potato Gratin step by step
- Melt butter in pan and caramelize onions, add garlic in the last 5 min of cooking.. salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the cream, parm cheese, corn starch,salt, pepper and thyme to taste.
- Layer potatoes and carrots, top with half the carmelized onions, pour half the liquid mixture, then top with shredded cheese. Continue this until all ingredients are used..
- Top with last bit of shredded cheese and bread crumbs. Place foil on top and bake in 400°F oven for about 45-min to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil in the last 10 min of cooking to brown the top..
This crazy-good recipe for potatoes au gratin comes from my dear friend Kelly Santoro, and it's almost identical to the recipe I learned in culinary school. Pat potatoes dry with paper towels. Arrange half the potato slices in single layer over bottom of prepared casserole, overlapping slightly. Add all carrot slices, overlapping slightly. Season with a little salt, pepper and basil; sprinkle with remaining onion.