Cheesy Spinach Penne.
You can cook Cheesy Spinach Penne using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Spinach Penne
- Prepare 230 Grams of Penne , cooked , drained.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Olive Oil.
- You need 2 Cloves of Garlic , thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of Chorizo Spanish , finely minced.
- Prepare 14.5 Ounces of Tomatoes Canned , chopped.
- It’s 1 Bunch of Basil leaves (5-6 leaves), sliced.
- You need 1 Cup of Spinach , frozen.
- Prepare 8 Ounces of Cottage Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese , grated.
- You need 4 Ounces of Mozzarella Cheese , grated.
- You need of Cooking Spray.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper , ground.
Cheesy Spinach Penne instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the baking dish by spraying the cooking spray all around the inside, including the sides..
- Saute the garlic in the olive oil until lightly browned and fragrant. Add the chorizo and brown that until edges are crispy. Pour in the canned tomatoes and simmer until sour taste is almost gone, about 10-15 minutes. Add basil leaves and continue to simmer 10 more minutes..
- Process the cottage cheese in a food processor until almost smooth. Add in the Parmesan and half the mozzarella cheese. Pulse 2-3 more times. Mix half the cheese mixture to the drained spinach..
- Pour the tomato sauce into the penne pot and mix. Add the remaining half of the mozzarella and mix thoroughly, to make sure the melted gooey-ness is spread evenly..
- Transfer half the penne with tomato sauce into the baking dish. Spread the spinach-cheese mixture on top, and top with the remaining penne..
- Pour the remaining cheese mixture on top of the pasta and spread evenly. This will bubble and turn golden brown when baked..
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheesy top bubbles and turns golden brown..