You can cook Chestnut Manju using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chestnut Manju
- You need 10 grams of Butter.
- You need 30 grams of Egg.
- It’s 100 grams of Flour.
- It’s 30 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1/5 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1/5 tsp of Water (to dissolve the baking soda).
- It’s 180 grams of Shiro-an.
- Prepare 8 of Sweet simmered chestnuts.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Mirin.
- It’s 1 dash of Poppy seeds.
Chestnut Manju step by step
- Put the sugar and the room temperature butter in a bowl and cream..
- Gradually add in the egg and blend into the mixture..
- Heat the bowl on a double boiler and stir until the sugar dissolves..
- Add the dissolved baking soda..
- Remove from the double boiler and add in the flour..
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour..
- Meanwhile, wrap each chestnut in shiro-an..
- Dust the counter with flour and roll out the dough into a cylinder with your hands..
- Use a knife to divide into 8 sections..
- Spread out the dough, place the white bean paste covered chestnut in the center, and wrap it up..
- Combine the egg yolk with the mirin and coat the manju. Top with poppy seeds..
- Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated 180℃ oven..