Chocolate Manju with Kabocha Filling.
You can cook Chocolate Manju with Kabocha Filling using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Manju with Kabocha Filling
- Prepare 150 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 40 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 50 grams of White sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 15 of Kabocha seeds (if available).
- You need of Kabocha Filling.
- It’s 200 grams of Kabocha.
- It’s 2 tbsp of White sugar.
Chocolate Manju with Kabocha Filling step by step
- Remove the seeds and peel from the kabocha, cut into chunks, wrap in plastic, and microwave. Smash into a paste while still hot, let cool, and mix in the sugar..
- Let the butter and egg come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C..
- Knead the butter until soft, then mix in the white sugar..
- Whisk the egg..
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder and sift into the egg, mixing well..
- Divide Steps 1 and 5 into 15 portions each, then wrap Step 5 around Step 1. Lay on a baking paper-lined cookie sheet..
- Decorate each with 1 kabocha seed. Bake for 15 minutes at 350F/180C..
- Once baked, transfer them on top of the parchment paper to a flat serving dish. If not serving immediately, cover with cling wrap to prevent drying..
- At my house, when making manju, we spread out the dough on a piece of cling wrap, place the filling in the center, and use the cling wrap to form the manju. Of course, do whatever works best for you..