Creamy pesto pasta with camembert bacon and chicken. Great recipe for Creamy pesto pasta with camembert bacon and chicken. Just a little dish I cooked up to try something different and use the pesto and camembert I had lying around. I've never written a recipe before so my apologies if it's hard to follow.
Cook until the chicken is no longer pink, then remove from the pot and set aside. Add the onions and garlic and cook to the pot and cook until softened. The creamy pesto sauce is great on its own as a sauce, but when smother it in chicken and bacon, it's just too good. You can have Creamy pesto pasta with camembert bacon and chicken using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy pesto pasta with camembert bacon and chicken
- You need 400 grams of penne/pasta.
- You need 2 large of chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 8 slice of bacon chopped.
- Prepare 1 medium of Red onion chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Basil pesto.
- Prepare 300 ml of heavy cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1 cup of Reserved water from pasta.
- It’s 250 grams of Camembert cheese, rind trimmed off and cut into small chunks.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
There is a good reason why this plate is so popular. I have made this to be served like a main meal with some vegetables, mash potatoes or anything you like. But this sauce would also go wonderfully as the sauce for a pasta. How to Make Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta – Step by Step Photos.
Creamy pesto pasta with camembert bacon and chicken step by step
- Cook pasta in boiling water. (Add salt to taste and olive oil to prevent sticking after it's drained).
- While pasta is cooking add oil to a separate pan and cook through chicken until tender (season to taste) when it's finished remove to a bowl and set aside, covered with foil..
- When pasta is cooked scoop out your reserve water, drain pasta and leave to the side in the colander.
- Pre heat oven to 350°F (180c).
- Give your pan a good wipe. Re-oil and add bacon, frying until just slightly cooked..
- Add onion to the pan and fry until just translucent, then toss in the garlic, give it another minute or so, until everything is done to your liking, then give it a good stir..
- Splash in the wine to deglaze the pan, give the bottom a bit of a scrape to bring up the flavors and let it cook off for a bit..
- Pour in about 1/3 cup of your reserved water (save the rest if you prefer to thin your sauce out later) mix in your cream and the pesto, stirring to get a good mix..
- Return chicken to your pan and give it a good stir..
- Now slowly add the pasta, tossing to get a good coat on all the noodles. (you can leave some out if you prefer the dish to be saucier).
- Continue cooking over medium heat (with a slight bubble) to let everything cook together. Give it a taste, you'll know when it's ready..
- Transfer to a baking dish (or just use your pan if it's oven safe) Then cover the top with little chunks of the camembert cheese..
- Pop in the oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted..
- When cheese is melted give it a really good stir through so it spreads throughout the dish, then return to the oven for another five minutes or so..
- Remove from oven, allow it to cool and then enjoy..
Add the chicken pieces and sauté until the chicken is slightly browned on the outside. Chicken: In this recipe, I use boneless and skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces. Chicken thighs can also be used. Pesto Sauce: On really busy days, when my time is limited, using store-bought pesto makes this dish even quicker and easier. Get a good quality pesto sauce.