hummingbird cake. Hummingbird Cake is a Southern classic! It's a spiced pineapple-banana cake topped with cream cheese frosting and pecans. This delightful hummingbird cake with tropical notes of pineapple and banana is just so dreamy and delicious.
It's the most requested recipe in Southern Living magazine history and frequents covered dish dinners all across the South, always receiving rave reviews. Wiggins of Greensboro, North Carolina, we had no idea the cake would become our most popular and beloved. This Hummingbird Cake is moist and flavorful with chopped pecans, crushed pineapple, and mashed bananas. You can cook hummingbird cake using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of hummingbird cake
- You need 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 8 oz of can sliced pineapples, sliced thin.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped ripe bananas.
- You need 8 oz of can sliced pineapples, drain & slice very thin.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- It’s 1 of cream cheese icing.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare 1 cup of veg oil.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs, beaten.
- You need 2 cup of chopped ripe bananas.
- You need 8 oz of can sliced pineapples, drained & sliced very thin.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 1 of cream cheese icing.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
It is frosted with a delicious cream cheese frosting. This Hummingbird Cake Recipe does not contain any hummingbirds, we promise! In folklore, the hummingbird is the symbol for sweetness. This cake is ultra sweet and rich, making it perfect for.
hummingbird cake instructions
- preheat oven at 350°.
- in large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. mix together..
- after mixing your dry ingredients together add vanilla extract, veg oil, and beaten eggs. mix together until dry ingredients are moist..
- then, add your bananas, sliced pineapple, and chopped pecans. mix together thoroughly. do NOT use beaters..
- place mix in an 9 inch round cake pan. I end up using two, but you can use up to 3..
- place in the preheated oven for 25-30 mins or until top is golden brown and cake mix is cooked through. you can check by placing toothpick in the center of the cake, the toothpick will come out clean..
- once its done take it out of the oven and place somewhere for it to cool..
- after giving your cake time to cool. remove each cake from pan one by one placing cream cheese icing evenly on each layer. I make my own cream cheese icing by using 1-8oz box of cream cheese. 2-3 cups of powder sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. mix together with beaters on med speed..
- last, you use the 1/2 cup chopped pecans for topping the cake..
It's a tender, flavorful cake brimming with fresh pineapple, bananas, pecans, and spices and finished with luscious cream cheese frosting and coconut! Hummingbird cake started life as a spice cake with banana and pineapple. Also, to enhance the banana flavor I processed the. The name "hummingbird cake" may have been thought of because of its sweetness of the banana and pineapple flavors in the cake. A dazzling and fruity cake to awe at.