Loaded Baked Potato Soup with Bacon and Shrimp.
You can have Loaded Baked Potato Soup with Bacon and Shrimp using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Loaded Baked Potato Soup with Bacon and Shrimp
- You need 5 medium of potatoes.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cream.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of cheese.
- Prepare 3 of green onions.
- It’s 5 slice of bacon.
- It’s 10 large of shrimp.
- You need 1 of sour cream (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of bacon drippings.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of old bay seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of essence of emril seasoning (optionl).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup with Bacon and Shrimp instructions
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- scrub potatoes and prick skin with a fork.
- bake potatoes until tender, about 30 mins.
- bake bacon slices in the oven until crisp..
- place stick of butter in heavy bottom pot and add flour makong a roux. make sure not to let it get any color..
- whisk in cream and let cook until it thickens.
- add milk and let it thicken just a little bit more then add all cheese..
- whisk mixture until the cheese is melts. mixture should be smooth, NO LUMPS.
- add 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings to the soup and stir..
- add 2 tablespoons butter to a pan and sautée shrimp using old bay and essence for seasoning..
- add salt and pepper to taste to cheese mixture.
- cut potatoes lenthwise and scoop out pulp placing in soup..
- with a potato masher carefully mash potatoes leaving some lumps..
- crumble bacon.
- Once the soup is done place in bowl using various toppings. Shrimp, bacon, green onions, extra cheese and sour cream.