Oven Baked Apples / Bratapfel. Who ever said apples are boring? An apple a day keeps the doctor away – here you see how you achieve it the sweeter way. What you need. (Bratapfel): This is one of my favorite cold days/holiday desserts.
Bratapfel are a German dish of baked apples. They can be prepared with many different fillings and are a common Christmas dish. They can be made with walnuts, almonds, raisin, marzipan and similar fillings. You can have Oven Baked Apples / Bratapfel using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Baked Apples / Bratapfel
- You need 5 of large baking apples (e.g. boskop).
- Prepare 36 g of chopped pecans.
- It’s 115 g of brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 g of cinnamon.
- Prepare 65 g of plant based butter.
Often they are served with vanilla custard. Combine raisins, walnuts, sugar, rum, and salt in a bowl; set aside. German baked apples are traditional Christmas and winter recipe in Germany. Serve the fruit with vanilla sauce for a delicious dessert.
Oven Baked Apples / Bratapfel instructions
- Oven 185℃.
- Wash and core apples leaving the core's base to contain filling.
- Combine chopped pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
- Create five equal roll log shapes from the butter mix.
- Place the butter rolls into the apple cavities by patting in the tops.
- Add 1/2c of water into casserole in which you will place the apples to bake.
- Apples into the oven and let bake for 45 minutes.
- Readiness depends on whether they are soft, not broken (that's too much oventime then) and sugar-butter-mix is nicely melted and a bit caramelized on top.
- Take out, let cool for 5/10min and serve.
- There will be quite a bit of liquid from the apple itself and the water you put in before baking. You can use this to pour a bit over each apple before serving. I was wondering how it might taste in a smoothie or even in homemade ice cream..
Christmas and winter would not be the same without the smell of apples baking in the oven after returning from a long walk through the woods or a day of sledding. Simple and easy to prepare, baked apples provide a healthy addition to breakfast, lunch or dinner. Remove stem and wash apples thoroughly. Peel and remove skin from top quarter of apple. ►APH-Adventskalender ⑯ – Thüringen/Thuringia◄ Bratapfel/Baked Apple. Bratäpfel are a simple dessert made from oven-baked apples.