Pesto Chicken 'Boulders'.
You can cook Pesto Chicken 'Boulders' using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pesto Chicken 'Boulders'
- Prepare 4 cup of mashed potato (I used a ricer to avoid lumps).
- It’s 2 cup of cooked chicken, chopped small.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pesto.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt and black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 2 large of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 2 cup of fresh breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, finely shredded.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
Pesto Chicken 'Boulders' step by step
- Heat oven to 220 C/425 F.
- Brush olive oil on a baking sheet..
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, chicken, pesto, half the parmesan cheese (1/4 cup), salt and pepper. Mix it all together well..
- Get three dishes ready: in one have the flour, in the next the beaten eggs, in the last one combine the breadcrumbs with the other quarter cup of parmesan..
- Take golf ball-sized amounts of the mixture and roll into a ball, place it on a plate, then repeat until all the mixture is used up..
- Use one hand to cover the balls in flour, the other hand to roll it in egg, then back ton the first hand (the dry one) to roll it in the breadcrumbs..
- Place it on the baking sheet, then repeat this process until all balls are coated..
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning them a few times to get them browned up. They won't be as evenly browned as if they were fried, but they will be delicious..
- Take the tray out of the oven, and let them cool for 5-10 minutes before eating, although they are still good at room temperature..
- Makes approx. 20..