Zucchini, bacon and cheese muffins.. Using turkey bacon, zucchini, eggs, and some mozzarella cheese this breakfast is both packed with protein and full of flavor. They can be made ahead of time so you can just grab and go during the week. They are also delicious smushed in between a light English muffin or wrapped in a low carb tortilla.
I found some inspiration online(linked below). Full of good for you zucchini, yummy bacon and smoked Gouda cheese and dill weed! Cheese and bacon are the perfect combination for this tasty muffin. You can cook Zucchini, bacon and cheese muffins. using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini, bacon and cheese muffins.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of plain flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of bicard soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter-melted.
- Prepare 1 of egg-lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of zucchini-grated.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic-crushed.
- You need 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese-grated.
- You need 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese-grated.
- It’s 4 slice of bacon-diced and cooked crisp.
- It’s 1 small of onion-grated.
Fold in the cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and diced bacon then pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Keto Cheese & Zucchini Muffins are an Easy to Make savory snack that can be baked ahead of time for when friends arrive or to eat on the run. How to make Keto Muffins – Cheddar Cheese and Zucchini. In a mixing bowl, add the zucchini, butter, salt and pepper.
Zucchini, bacon and cheese muffins. instructions
- preheat oven to 180° degrees c..
- spray 12 muffin cups with cooking oil..
- Mix flour, baking powder, bi-carb, pepper, salt and paprika in a bowl..
- In another bowl, stir together butter, milk, egg, zucchini, onion and garlic until well blended..
- Mix flour mixture into milk mixture, until flour mixture is incorporated. Fold in the cheddar, parmesan and bacon..
- Pour the batter into prepare muffin tray..
- Cook in preheated oven for 30-35mins or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean..
- Leave to cool in muffin tin for 5mins, before removing muffins..
- Serve warm..
It tastes sort of like a cheese and bacon flavored biscuit. I would make and eat them again as is. I also think they would be great with green onions or a pinch of cayenne added in. The BEST zucchini bread muffins EVER! Use a spoon to distribute the muffin dough.