Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken. Chicken with pesto wrapped in bacon. Easy to make, yet tastes like you've spent hours in the kitchen. Remove the chicken and cover with tinfoil and set aside.
In a medium sized skillet brown the diced bacon. Add the shallots and saute with the bacon. Try this easy arugula pesto with chicken & prosciutto tortelloni recipe from BUITONI® to make a freshly made Italian pasta meal any night of the week. You can have Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken
- You need 4 of boneless chicken breasts.
- You need 3/4 oz of fresh basil.
- It’s 4 handfuls of arugula.
- It’s 1 packages of unflavored bacon.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic; peeled.
- Prepare 3 oz of pine nuts.
- You need 3 oz of parmesan; grated.
- You need 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 pinch of sugar.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of extra virgin olive oil; as needed.
Instead of using the usual basil to make fresh pesto, this recipe uses arugula. Delicious and easy to make, it's then tossed with chicken. Instead of having an arugula salad on the side, put it on top of your pizza for fresh flavor that pairs perfectly with the bacon and tomato toppings. Arugula Pesto, Ricotta, and Smoked Mozzarella Pizza.
Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken step by step
- Place bacon on a baking tray. Bake at 350° for approximately 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crispy and has rendered all the fat. Remove bacon and pat dry. Save bacon fat..
- Place pine nuts in large, dry saute pan. Turn heat to medium. Toss pine nuts around often to avoid burning. Once golden brown, remove from heat and place in food processor..
- Add cheese, basil, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper, and one handful of arugula to the food processor..
- Turn processor on and slowly pour the bacon fat into the processor. Add olive oil until arugula is incorporated. Stop the processor and add another handful of arugula. Turn the processor back on and slowly pour olive oil until arugula is incorporated. Repeat until arugala is gone. Adjust salt, pepper, and vinegar to taste..
- Toss chicken breasts with olive oil in a mixing bowl. Place on the same sheet tray that you used to cook the bacon. Season with dried spices. Roast at 350° for approximately 45-50 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°. Baste sauce atop chicken during last 5 minutes of cooking..
- Garnish with extra sauce and chopped bacon..
- Variations; Cilantro, parsley, tarragon, spinach, watercress, kale, other vinegar, mustard, wine, roasted tomatoes or bell peppers.
Bacon Chicken and Arugula Sandwich – the perfect sandwich for a snack or a healthy lunch. So just to clarify, it's not chicken bacon, it's real pork bacon and chicken in this sandwich. Not that you couldn't use chicken bacon, but this sandwich here is the real thing. Chicken Apple Arugula Goat Cheese Salad. Chicken Apple Arugula Goat Cheese Salad.