Baked Apples and Custard.
You can cook Baked Apples and Custard using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Apples and Custard
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 tsp of cornstarch.
- You need 4 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flaked/slivered almonds.
- You need 2 tsp of raisins.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of confectioners sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 cup of marzipan paste, finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 of cooking apples, cored, to grease the dish.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
Baked Apples and Custard instructions
- Heat the oven to 400°F..
- To make the custard, reserve 3-4 tbsp of milk, bring the remaining milk to a boil with the vanilla extract and remove from the heat..
- Combine the sugar and sugar and corn starch and mix to a smooth paste with the reserved milk. Stir in the egg yolk and combine well..
- Stir the egg mixture into the cooled milk and return to the heat.
- Heat the mixture, stirring constantly until it thickens and becomes a smooth sauce. Let it cool, stirring occasionly..
- To make the filling, mix half the almonds with the raisins. 1 tbsp of confectioners sugar, the cinnamon and the chopped marzipan..
- Fill the apples with the mixture and place in a buttered, ovenproof dish. Dust with the remaining sugar, dot with butter and bake for 30 – 40 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and arrange on plates. Pour over the custard, scatter with the remaining slivered almonds and serve with confectioners sugar..