Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry with Broccoli and Sage Butter.
You can have Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry with Broccoli and Sage Butter using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry with Broccoli and Sage Butter
- It’s 1 of whole camembert.
- You need 1 sheet of ready rolled all-butter puff pastry.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cranberry sauce or redcurrant jelly.
- Prepare 1 of beaten egg.
- Prepare 1 head of broccoli.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s a few of fresh sage leave, rolled and finely shredded.
- It’s 1 handful of pine nuts, dry roasted.
Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry with Broccoli and Sage Butter step by step
- Take the camembert out of its wooden box and remove the paper, check to see if there is a sticker you need to remove from the bottom of the cheese too..
- Check that the pastry sheet is large enough to enclose the cheese, and if it is cut it in half equally. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5..
- Spoon some cranberry sauce on to one half of the pastry and then place the cheese on top. Brush the edges with beaten egg..
- Put the other half of pastry over the top of the cheese and use a fork to press the sides together. Then use your fingers to create an edge, pushing the pieces of pastry tightly together so there are no gaps for the sauce or cheese to ooze out..
- Brush beaten egg all over the camembert pie, this gives a lovely golden finish. You can also use milk if you don't want to waste an egg!.
- Place the camembert in the oven and bake for about 20–30 minutes until it is puffed up and golden. Allow to stand for 5 to 6 minutes so that the cheese firms up a little..
- Quickly steam the broccoli in a little water, drain. Melt the butter in the pan, saute the sage leaves then toss in the broccoli and the pine nuts..
- Cut the pie in half and quickly move each piece to a warmed plate, add the broccoli and serve with extra cranberry sauce, if you wish..