Baked Camembert with Caramelised Onions, Bacon and Pears. Unwrap Camembert and make incisions into the rind on both sides. Slice a garlic clove into small slivers and strip the rosemary sprig of its leaves. Wrap the Camembert tightly in foil, leaving the top loosely open.
If you have the chance, look for the AOC Camembert de Normandie, which is made with unpasteurized milk, you'll get the best of the best. But if you want to make baked Brie instead (which is usually sold in slices), you should be able to find. Make this elegant baked cheese appetizer with pears and cranberries. You can cook Baked Camembert with Caramelised Onions, Bacon and Pears using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Camembert with Caramelised Onions, Bacon and Pears
- You need 1 of Camembert.
- It’s 1 of Pear.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced Bacon.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 4 Tablespoons of Butter.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s of Crackers.
Meanwhile, unwrap the camembert and top with the thyme sprigs. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with a little more black pepper. The camembert takes on 'baked' or almost 'grilled' taste (and yes, you can grill it too, by the way). It is important to note that you need to score the top of the cheese, otherise … Slice the onions into strips and score the camembert's top, but leave it in the wrapping, if the wrapping appears to be oven-safe.
Baked Camembert with Caramelised Onions, Bacon and Pears step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 C..
- Peel onion and cut into rings. Add onion rings to a small ovenproof pan/skillet along with two tablespoons butter. Saute over medium heat whilst stirring regularly until caramelised and soft. Add the bacon bits and saute over low heat for another 5 minutes before removing from heat..
- Meanwhile, slice pear into 8-10 wedges (not too thick) and place in nonstick frying pan with the remaining butter. Cool over low heat and turn the pears regularly. They should not be fully cooked but slightly caramelised and starting to soften. Remove from heat after about 10-15 minutes..
- Thinly slice garlic. Gently score top of camembert and insert thin slices of garlic within the cuts. If some garlic remain, it can be added to the caramelised onions and bacon..
- If you used a small enough pan for your onions and bacon, add camembert directly on top of you onions and place pear wedges around the cheese. Drizzle the pan juices from the pears over the cheese and season with a bit of salt and pepper. If your pan is too large, transfer onions to a smaller ovenproof dish and follow abovementioned steps..
- Place foil over your pan/ovenproof dish and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove foil and turn on your oven’s grill. Keep an eye on your cheese and pears! You don’t want them to scorch, but you want your cheese to start bubbling and turn a lovely golden brown. After 3-5 minutes under the grill, remove and serve with crackers and wine. .
Spread onion on pastry, then a layer of Camembert cheese, then bacon. Pour over tart and sprinkle with grated cheese. Rosemary and Garlic Baked Camembert with Honey Glazed Pear and Almonds. Caramelised red onion and goats cheese tarts – crisp parmesan pastry filled with balsamic caramelised red onions, egg custard and Top these easy bacon and egg muffins with maple syrup for a delicious brunch idea!. Baked Breaded Camembert Recipes on Yummly