Baked Salmon with Caramelized Onions. I baked my salmon in the oven and used sliced onions rather than minced. It's great served with wild rice pilaf and broccoli. All Reviews for Spicy Salmon with Caramelized Onions.
If you like something more flavorful, I recommend this ginger salmon in foil packets recipe. Place a big piece of parchment paper over a baking tray. Spread a thin layer of onion half-rings on the parchment paper to create a bed for the salmon to sit on. You can cook Baked Salmon with Caramelized Onions using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Salmon with Caramelized Onions
- You need 1 lb of Salmon fillets.
- It’s 1 large of Onion.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
Transfer salmon to plates, top with caramelized onions, garnish with green onions and basil and serve. This delicious recipe for Crockpot Salmon with Caramelized Onions and Carrots is perfect for entertaining or for the holidays. Instead of the dill, add some thyme or use marjoram or basil. If you like mustard, stir some in after you remove the salmon and before removing the onion mixture.
Baked Salmon with Caramelized Onions step by step
- Combine pepper, salt, paprika, cayenne, onion powder, garlic, sugar, mustard, and olive oil. This should make a thick paste..
- Spread mixture over salmon and let sit for an hour or so.
- Chop onion. Heat olive oil in a pan and add onion. Cook until golden & caramelized. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 400. Bake salmon for approx 20 mins. I sometimes add a little maple syrup to the bottom of the pan before baking. Make sure to put down non stick foil if you do this for easier cleanup.
- Spread caramelized onions generously over the top of the salmon. Serve..
The simplicity of grilling the salmon on a griddle with just a light sprinkling of salt brings out its natural flavor. Pairing the salmon with caramelized onions turns the dish into a sumptuous. This caramelized salmon is simple, healthy and completely gorgeous. It's like you're painting a beautiful and crunchy caramelized outer crust on one of America's most beloved fish-es. Add the salmon and gently fold into the kale and onion mixture.