Baked Ziti with Sausage.
You can have Baked Ziti with Sausage using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti with Sausage
- It’s 1 lb of pasta.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb of bulk sausage.
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 32 oz of marinara sauce.
- You need 8 oz of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 15 oz of part-skim ricotta.
- You need 1/2 cup of parmesan, grated.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh basil or rosemary, minced.
Baked Ziti with Sausage instructions
- Cook pasta until al dente in salted water (~1 tbsp salt)..
- Toss pasta with drizzle of olive oil to prevent sticking..
- Heat 1-2 tbsp oil over med-high heat and brown sausage well..
- When meat is almost done, add onions and cook 4-5 minutes until translucent and starting to brown..
- Add garlic and herbs and cook 1 minute more..
- Stir in sauce and bring to simmer..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread thin layer of sauce in bottom of casserole dish and dot with ricotta. Ladle some sauce into pasta to coat. Add 1/2 of pasta to dish and cover with more sauce and dots of ricotta. Repeat with remaining..
- Sprinkle top with mozzarella and parmesan. Bake until brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes..