You can have Baked Ziti using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti
- You need 2 lbs of penne pasta.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef.
- It’s 24 oz of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 4 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 4 cups of mozzarella cheese (shredded).
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 4 tbsp of parsley.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/4 cup of halved pepperoni slices (optional).
Baked Ziti step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil water. Add some salt (about 1 tbsp) to flavor the pasta as it cooks. Once it boils, add pasta and cook for 15 minutes. Once pasta is done cooking, mix in a bit of sauce to keep it from sticking..
- Heat a pan at medium heat, add the beef and some water (maybe 2 cups or so). Brown the chopped meat. This will take about 10 minutes – you’ll know it’s done when the juice is clear..
- Then drain it. Once the meat cools a bit, break it up into small pieces if it isn’t already..
- Get a large foil roast pan and coat the bottom with about 1/4 cup of sauce..
- In a large bowl, mix together the meat and all ingredients, except the cooked pasta. Leave a little bit of sauce to the side to drizzle over the top later..
- After the meat, cheeses, eggs, and seasonings are mixed well, add the pasta and mix well again..
- Put the ziti in the baking pan. Sprinkle some extra mozzarella and parmesan cheese (maybe 2 handfuls of each) over the top layer. Then drizzle the last of the sauce over top..
- Cover the pan with foil and cook in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Then, take off the foil and cook for another 20 minutes or so..