Cheesy chili spaghetti squash casserole. For the casserole: In a medium bowl combine the cooked spaghetti squash and melted butter, tossing to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper to taste. Cheesy chili spaghetti squash casserole kanisuroll Naples.
I know, I know, it sounds kinda weird, but trust me, once you take your first bite you will be in heaven. Sweet delicious chili baked spaghetti squash […] Keto Cheesy Chili Spaghetti Squash Casserole. ibreatheimhungry.com Patricia Koenig. loading. Prep the Oven and Spaghetti Squash. You can cook Cheesy chili spaghetti squash casserole using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy chili spaghetti squash casserole
- Prepare 3 of # raw spaghetti squash or 2# cooked.
- It’s 1 of # ground Turkey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 T of chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced (or 2 tsp powder).
- Prepare 1 T of fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tsp dried).
- It’s 1 of medium tomato, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 C of cilantro, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 C of chicken broth.
- You need 1 1/2 T of lime juice (1/2 lime).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of Greek yogurt.
- You need 1 1/2 C of queso fresco cheese, grated.
- You need of Prepared squash (I used).
Halve the spaghetti squash with a sharp knife and using a spoon, remove seeds before pouring olive oil on the inside of the spaghetti squash and season with salt and black pepper to taste. I put an aluminum foil tent over the stuffed spaghetti squash in the oven and covered the casserole dish with aluminum foil so the cheese wouldn't brown. A recipe for when those cheesy dinner cravings strike! It's the perfect way to use us spaghetti squash and it's a recipe that will even get the kids to try it.
Cheesy chili spaghetti squash casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut open raw squash lengthwise, steam or roast for an hour. When ready, remove 3C of strands with a fork, set aside. You can use the shell for serving if desired..
- In a medium nonstick pan, brown the turkey for 5 minutes. Drain and return to the pan. Add the chipotle peppers, cumin,tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, S&P, garlic, oregano and broth. Mix all together and stir well; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 12-15 minutes..
- Sprinkle the spaghetti strands with S&P and place in a 9×13 casserole dish or the emptied shells..
- Pour the turkey chili mixture over the spaghetti. Spoon the yogurt over the chili and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Bake for 30 minutes uncovered, or until heated through..
There are a few steps to the recipe but the end result is worth every bit of effort! Deliciously cheesy spaghetti squash casserole makes a wonderful side dish and is filling enough to serve as a meatless main course. The first time I microwaved it, then raked a fork back and forth and saw the beautiful pasta-like strands, I was hooked. It's delicious, affordable, and fun to eat! Strands of tender squash replace pasta for a more flavorful version of spaghetti pie casserole.