Crockpot baked ziti. This Easy crock pot baked ziti recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. The perfect slow cooker pasta dinner recipe! Crockpot pasta is one of my very favorite ways to make an easy dinner.
Though I suppose if you were really set on it you could stir in an egg and some ricotta (although Serious Eats isn't upset my recipe's lack of it), spread it into a baking dish and bake it. I'm sharing this super easy crockpot dish. It's delicious and easy to throw in the pot and go! You can have Crockpot baked ziti using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot baked ziti
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef, turkey or Italian sausage.
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 (28 oz) of can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 jar of pasta sauce.
- You need 2 1/2 c of water or chicken broth.
- You need 1 box of penne or ziti pasta.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
I've been feeling hearty now that Fall is here. Crock Pot Baked Ziti made with uncooked pasta and avoid heating up the house because you don't have to use the oven! Cooking Baked Ziti in the crock pot is pretty much the same as baking it in the oven but there are a few differences. Fire up the crock pot for the best baked ziti you will ever eat.
Crockpot baked ziti step by step
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until browned. Stir in garlic and salt and cook 1 minute..
- Add beef mixture, basil, parsley, tomatoes, pasta sauce and water to a 4qt (or larger) slow cooker. Stir..
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours..
- Add pasta and stir until combined. Cover and continue cooking for 20-45 minutes (depending on how hot your slow cooker is) — check and stir at the 20 minute mark..
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted..
You may confuse it with great lasagna. With no precooking of the I can not imagine any crock pot ziti being better than this. As I read the crock pot recipes, I realized they were not that different. Baked ziti is one of Mario's favorite foods and I make it quite often, but I thought it was about time to You'll be left with a totally clean slow cooker with nothing to wash! Best easy crock pot baked ziti with minimal prep work.