You can cook Japanese-Style Taramasalata using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese-Style Taramasalata
- You need 2 of to 3 Potatoes.
- It’s 10 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 40 grams of ● Tarako (salt-cured cod or pollack roe).
- You need 30 grams of ● Milk.
- You need 35 of to 50 grams ● Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ● Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Thin green onions or scallions.
Japanese-Style Taramasalata step by step
- Wash the potatoes, peel and cut up roughly. Immerse briefly in water then put in a heatproof container. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave for 5-6 minutes..
- At about the halfway point (~2.5 minutes), take the container out and shake to mix the potatoes. This ensures the potatoes will cook evenly..
- While the potatoes cook, mix the ● ingredients together to make the sauce.
- When a skewer goes through the potato easily, add butter and mash up..
- Mix the potato and let cool. Add the sauce from Step 3 and mix thoroughly..
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, and add chopped green onion to taste. I like it with lots of green onion..
- It's great eaten as-is, but it's really good when spread on bread! Also great as croquettes or baked as gratin! Adjust the amount of mayonnaise to taste!.