Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker.
You can have Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker
- You need 8 slices of bacon.
- You need 2 lb. of russet or yukon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of herbs de provence (or poultry seasoning works).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (plus additional for topping).
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried chives.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker step by step
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over med-high heat for 5-7 minutes, until browned and crispy (Or you can bake in the oven @ 400°F for about 12-15 minutes). Then remove the bacon with some tongs onto a towel lined plate and set it aside. Once it's cooled, roughly chop it..
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes. Place them into a greased slow cooker along with half of the drained bacon (save the rest for topping the finished soup with), broth, onion, garlic, thyme and herbs. Give it all a good stir, then place the lid on and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours, until the potatoes are tender..
- Once tender, use a masher to just roughly mash some of the potatoes, until it reaches your desired consistency. Then stir in the sour cream, heavy cream, dried chives and the 1 cup cheddar cheese. Season it to taste with salt and pepper..
- Place the lid back on for an additional 15-20 minutes, until everything is heated through..
- Serve immediately, topped with the reserved bacon bits and additional cheddar cheese, along with some freshly chopped chives, if you'd like. Refrigerate any leftovers..