Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra. Levantine Style oven baked fish with red chili flakes and vegetable garnish. A popular recipe passed down to me from my mother, the greatest cook of all. 'Samke Harra' or Lebanese Spicy Tahini Fish is a Popular Dish From the Port City of Tripoli El-Mina, in Lebanon. This is a specialty dish where a lightly lemon-marinated fish is baked, then covered with a Today his place is called "Malak El Samkeh Harrah" which means the King of Spicy Fish and I.
There are different ways to prepare this dish. In this recipe, the whole fish is stuffed with chili peppers, garlic and coriander then baked with lemon, tomato, green pepper and onion slices. A delight for your taste buds! You can cook Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra
- It’s 2 kg of Hamour fish, cleaned.
- Prepare 4 of tomatoes, cut in round slices.
- It’s 2 of green peppers, cut in rounds.
- It’s 3 of onions, cut in round slices.
- You need 3 of lemons, peeled and cut in round slices.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of For the stuffing:.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh coriander, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green hot peppers, cut in halves with seeds removed.
- It’s 1 of red hot pepper, cut in half with seeds removed.
- It’s 20 cloves of garlic, peeled.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
Marinate all together and bake or grill the fish for baking. For Harra Sauce Samke Harra is one awsome dish, Basically it is baked whole fish (sometimes lighlty fried first), stuffed with a mixture of chilies, walnuts, cilantro and garlic. The final and very importatnt touch is to top it with a good dose of Tahini sauce (tahini, lemon, garlic Pour the sauce over the fish dabbing it with a spatula, leaving the head intact. Garnish with parsley or cilantro leaves, pomegranate seeds, toasted pine nuts or walnuts and an olive to modestly cover the eye of the fish.
Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra step by step
- Pre-heat the oven on high heat..
- To prepare the stuffing: put all the ingredients together in a food processor and blend until you obtain a homogeneous mixture..
- Using a knife, make 3 cuts on both sides of the fish. Fill in the cuts with the stuffing. With the remaining stuffing, rub the whole fish..
- In an oven tray, pour the vegetable oil and place the fish..
- Put the tray in the oven and bake the fish for 20 min. Remove the tray from the oven, spread the tomato, pepper, onion and lemon slices over the fish randomly..
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and put it back in the oven for about 1 hr until it is well cooked..
- Place the fish in a serving dish and decorate it with the grilled sliced vegetables..
- Serve hot with pita bread..
The book has the Beirut style of samkeh harra. The fish is fried instead of baked. This much loved Lebanese fish dish is spectacular presented on a large platter as part of a buffet. Most often reserved for special occasions, head to the fish market to buy the freshest whole snapper for this recipe. Rub with a little olive oil and season with salt.