You can cook Pineapple-An Manju using 15 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple-An Manju
- Prepare of For the pineapple-an:.
- Prepare 180 grams of Shiro-an (sweet white bean paste).
- You need 40 grams of Jam.
- Prepare of For the Dough:.
- It’s 100 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 1 of Whole egg.
- Prepare 30 grams of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 10 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of + 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda + water.
- It’s 1 of for dusting ◎ Cake flour.
- You need of For egg wash:.
- It’s 1/2 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mirin.
- It’s of For the topping:.
- It’s 1 of Poppy seeds.
Pineapple-An Manju instructions
- Divide the shiro-an for "pineapple-an" into 12 equal portions..
- Roll each of them up..
- You are going to wrap about 1/2 of teaspoon of the jam in the shiro-an..
- Flatten the shiro-an balls into circles. Dent the center with your finger and place the jam on top..
- Gather the outside shiro-an little by little to wrap the jam..
- Gently adjust the shape and it is done..
- Wrap each of them with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator..
- [For the dough] Add the egg and sugar in a food processer and press start..
- Add the butter and blend. Dissolve the baking soda with the water and add to the food processer, then add flour and blend the dough..
- The dough should come together like this..
- Dust some cake flour in a shallow container. Place the dough in it and divide it into 2 pieces..
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll the dough which is about the softness of your earlobe into a circle. (If it is wrinkly, pat it with your hand to spread it.).
- Wrap the shiro-an with the dough by gathering its edges..
- Place each dough seam-side down..
- Apply the egg wash..
- Top them with the poppy seeds..
- Bake them in the oven at 180℃ for 15 minutes and they are done..
- This is the cross section.