Rich and Browned Camembert Cheesecake.
You can have Rich and Browned Camembert Cheesecake using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rich and Browned Camembert Cheesecake
- It’s 200 grams of Cream cheese.
- It’s 2 of packs Camembert cheese (100 g).
- You need 200 ml of Double cream.
- Prepare 80 grams of Sugar.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of each Cornstarch.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 40 grams of ■ Crackers (plain).
- You need 20 grams of ■ Unsalted butter.
Rich and Browned Camembert Cheesecake instructions
- Make the cake base. Put the crackers in a plastic bag and crush to a fine crumbs. Add butter and mix well with your hands. Press down this mixture on the bottom of the cake tin lined with baking paper (in the photo, I didn't use baking paper). Put the eggs and cream in a bain-marie to warm..
- Microwave the cream cheese in a for about a minute and beat with a balloon whisk. Add sugar and beat further..
- Remove the rind of the Camembert and microwave for 1 minute. Add the Camembert into Step 2 and beat well..
- Microwave the mixture for 30 seconds and stir well..
- Beat the eggs into the mixture and stir well. Add cornstarch and cream (in this order) and stir well. Microwave for 30 seconds. Add lemon juice and mix well..
- Pour the mixture through a fine sieve into the cake tin to remove the rind of the Camembert. If you find any lumps, push it through a tea strainer. By putting the mixture through a sieve, you'll have a smooth filling..
- Bake in the preheated oven to 200°C for 30 minutes (cover with foil if the top browns too much). Reduce the heat to 150°C and bake for another 30 minutes..
- This cake is baked in a high heat oven first, so be careful not to burn it (cover with foil if the surface browns too much)..
- After the cake is baked, run a knife along the sides and leave to cool. After the cake is cooled, chill in the fridge..
- I use normal Camembert found at the supermarket..
- This is a slice. You can see the cake is firm..
- You don't need to use a springform cake tin. If you place baking paper in a crisscross on the bottom of the tin, you can remove the cake easily after baking..