Sakura (Cherry Blossom) Manju.
You can cook Sakura (Cherry Blossom) Manju using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sakura (Cherry Blossom) Manju
- You need 60 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 20 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 dash of Red food colouring.
- Prepare 30 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 100 grams of Anko (I used tsubu an).
- It’s 5 of leaves Pickled sakura leaves.
- Prepare 5 of Pickled sakura blossoms.
- You need 1 of Flour for dusting.
Sakura (Cherry Blossom) Manju step by step
- Soak the pickled sakura blossoms in water (not listed in the ingredients) for about one hour. Pat them with a paper towel to remove excess water..
- Rinse the pickled sakura leaves briefly to remove the salt. Pat them with a paper towel to remove excess water. Remove the stem from the leaves..
- Divide the anko into 5 portions and shape into balls. Wrap with the rinsed sakura leaves..
- Prepare 5 sheets of parchment paper cut into small square (4 x 4 cm)..
- Combine the cake flour and baking powder in a bowl. Mix them with a whisk until smooth and fluffy..
- Put the water and red food colouring in a small container, and stir well. Put the granulated sugar in a bowl. Add the water and dissolved red food colouring into the bowl. Mix them well..
- Add the dry ingredients you combined at Step 5 at once into the bowl. Fold it in until the dough comes together. Dust your working surface, and place the dough on it. Knead lightly, and divide into 5 portions and shape into balls..
- Bring water to a boil in the steamer..
- Roll the ball you made at Step 7 into a round circle (8cm in diameter), making the centre a touch thicker than the edges. Put the anko wrapped with the leaf you made at Step 3 at the centre of the dough. Wrap the anko and leaf with the dough, and close the ends tightly..
- Roll out the dough on a dusted working surface if you like. It would be easier to roll out..
- Place the dough on the sheet you prepared at Step 4. Reshape the dough. Place the sakura blossoms you prepared at Step 1 on top of the dough. Line a damp tea towel on the bottom of the steamer, and place the dough on it. Steam on high heat for 8 minutes..
- If you use a metal steamer, make sure to wrap the steamer lid with dry cloth to prevent any water droplets..
- When the manju is cooked, turn off the heat. Enjoy!.