Sheree's Baked Ziti.
You can cook Sheree's Baked Ziti using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sheree's Baked Ziti
- It’s of pasta and sauce.
- It’s 1 lb of ground meat (sometime i use Italian sausage and ground beef).
- It’s 1 small of onion , minced.
- It’s 1/2 small of green bell pepper.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of salt (18 tsp).
- You need 8 oz of penne or ziti pasta.
- Prepare 24 oz of of your favorite spaghetti sauce (i like prego).
- It’s of ricatto filling.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of basil (i use dried).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of oregano (i use dried).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of container of ricatto (i use cottage cheese drained if i don't have ricatto).
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of garlic (18 tsp).
- You need 1 pinch of salt (18 tsp).
- Prepare of extra.
- Prepare 2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
Sheree's Baked Ziti step by step
- bring about 5 cups of water with 2 tsp of salt. bring it to a rolling boil.., add pasta stir well so the outside kinda cooks… turn it down to med..,, let it cook between 7-9 minutes.,,, should all dents….put colander over a bowl.,, to catch pasta water….
- put very small amount of olive oil to just cover the bottom of the pan…add onion and bell pepper with pan on med… if using Italian sausage remove from casing…,, if just using ground beef they crumble it…. I use an old potato masher to fry meat add garlic powder,,,..salt and black pepper to taste….
- drain ground beef.. but don't rinse…. add to drained pasta in your stock pot…..
- stir pasta and meat mix well…. put pasta sauce in pan and best through.. while waiting on this… mix your ricatto, basil. oregano, 2 eggs, and Parmesan cheese…. mix very well….
- mix cheese mixture with pasta/meat mixture…. spray a casserole dish and put 12 the mixture in the pan cover with mozzarella cheese….. please the other half of mixture on the top and cover with mozzarella…..
- bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes until fold and bubbly,., I make a vinaigrette salad to go with it and Texas toast…
- *** I did not add sugar because I'm using spaghetti sauce and it usual has some sugar in it…