Stuffed Acorn Squash. Here's what you need: small acorn squashes, onion, celery, olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh rosemary While squash is roasting – in a large fry pan over medium heat – heat oil and add Onion, Celery, Salt. All our favorite fall flavors come together in this surprisingly easy and super flavorful stuffed acorn squash. Acorn squash halves are filled with butter, brown sugar, stuffing mix, chicken broth and savory spices, and baked.
This roasted acorn squash is stuffed to the max with absolutely everything you're craving! Savory sausage, veggies, and herbs with sweet apples and raisins make this the ultimate stuffed roasted. The squash can be cooked ahead of time-you may need to bake longer after stuffing. You can cook Stuffed Acorn Squash using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Acorn Squash
- It’s 2 of medium acorn squash.
- It’s 1 lb of bulk sausage.
- It’s 1/2 of large white onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of medium bell pepper, finely diced.
- Prepare 1 of small zucchini, tiny dice.
- You need 2 cups of riced cauliflower.
- You need to taste of S&P.
- You need 2 Tbs of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of Rosemary.
- You need 2 Tbs of apple cider vingar.
- You need of Shredded cheese.
Meanwhile make stuffing: Fry pork sausage until light brown. Remove pork to a colander to drain. In many of my stuffed acorn squash recipes, I use quinoa to make the filling. But here, I go in a different direction.
Stuffed Acorn Squash instructions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut squash in half, scoop out seeds.
- Place squash in baking dish, place 1 Tbs butter in each cavity. Add S&P.
- Bake 1 hour or until squash is fork tender.
- As squash bakes begin cooking filling.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- Crumble sausage into pan, cook several minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and peppers, cook until onions begin to become translucent.
- Add zucchini and cauliflower.
- Add seasoning and vinegar.
- Cook until sausage is browned and veggies are soft.
- When squash is done, fill each cavity with filling and top with cheese.
- Place back in oven until cheese melts and creates a little crust.
- Serve any leftover filling on side, with quinoa, or steamed greens.
Instead of using a grain, I make the filling with crumbled tempeh and mushrooms. Serve this stuffed squash with warmed corn tortillas for wrapping up bites of all the tasty ingredients. Reviews for: Photos of Southwestern Stuffed Acorn Squash. Stuffed Acorn Squash with quinoa, cranberry, chickpeas and pecan is the simplest recipe with minimal ingredients. Stuffed Acorn Squash with Quinoa: These beautiful stuffed acorn squashes may be one of my new fall favorites.