A Flavor of Shinshū Nozawana Oyaki (Savory Buns Filled With Pickled Greens).
You can cook A Flavor of Shinshū Nozawana Oyaki (Savory Buns Filled With Pickled Greens) using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of A Flavor of Shinshū Nozawana Oyaki (Savory Buns Filled With Pickled Greens)
- It’s of For the batter:.
- Prepare 130 grams of ☆ Cake flour.
- You need 130 grams of ☆ Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of ☆ Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ☆ Salt.
- It’s 1 of heaping tablespoon ☆ Sugar.
- Prepare 180 ml of Boiling water.
- You need of For the Nozawana filling:.
- It’s 300 grams of Nozawana-zuke (pickled leafy green vegetables, a speciality of the region).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of White sesame seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of ◎ Bonito dashi stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ◎ Sake.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ◎ Mirin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ◎ Soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of ◎ Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Ichimi chilli powder.
A Flavor of Shinshū Nozawana Oyaki (Savory Buns Filled With Pickled Greens) step by step
- Put the ☆ ingredients in a bowl, and mix well with a whisk..
- Add the boiling water and mix with chopsticks until the dough is no longer floury..
- Form the dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap or put it into a plastic bag so it doesn't dry out, and let it rest at room temperature for an hour..
- Fill another bowl with water, put in the Nozawana pickled greens, and de-salt them..
- Squeeze out the greens tightly. Put them into a pan with the sesame oil and white sesame seeds, mix well, add the ◎ ingredients and stir fry over medium-low heat until there's no moisture left..
- Divide the rested dough into 10 portions, and press each one out into a 10 cm or so diameter circle. Fill each one with the Step 5 filling..
- Spread some oil in a frying pan, place the buns seam side down in it and pan-fry them..
- When the bottoms of the buns are browned, add 100 ml of water to the frying pan, cover with a lid and steam-cook the buns over medium heat. When there's no water left in the pan, turn the heat down to low..
- Top the buns with white sesame seeds (not listed in the ingredients), turn them over and pan fry over medium heat. When that side is browned too, the buns are done..