Baked Apple Sweet Potatoes. These baked apples are stuffed with a sweet potato, pineapple and pecan filling and topped with marshmallows. No one in my family will eat sweet potatoes except for this recipe!! The family expects them every Thanksgiving now because they look and taste so special!!
Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples. This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can cook Baked Apple Sweet Potatoes using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Apple Sweet Potatoes
- It’s of apple topping.
- Prepare 1 small of apple, I used jonathan.
- You need 2 stick of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of pure maple syrup.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fresh grated ginger.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of salted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of pecans.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dried cranberries.
- It’s of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 2 large of sweet potatoes.
- It’s 2 large of sheets of tin foil.
- You need 2 pinch of salt.
Mix the hot water and honey together. Try Baked Apple and Sweet Potato recipe which is truly delicious and would be loved by all. This lip-smacking Continental recipe is an easy-to-make dish and can be prepared in minimal time and will use less energy. This dessert recipe is a must try for those, who happens to.
Baked Apple Sweet Potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. Wrap each in a sheet of tin foil..
- Cook for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours. Just until tender. I check after an hour by poking with a knife on top..
- Make the topping when potatoes are just done. You want a nice hot topping..
- Peel and core your apple. Slice thin..
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt butter..
- Add all the ingredients and stir well..
- Cook several minutes until apple becomes tender..
- Remove cinnamon sticks..
- Split open sweet potatoes. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on each..
- Top each with half of topping. Enjoy!.
- Recipe by taylor68too..
This Sweet Potato Apple Bake is my favorite way to eat sweet potatoes. It's also a super simple and inexpensive side dish to throw together for dinner. The orange colored sweet potatoes (which were give the name yams, to easily distinguish them from the pale yellow or white sweet potatoes, were. Sweet potatoes have all three of these antioxidants: vitamins A, C, and E. And they are the star ingredient in this side dish.