Beef Tamale Pie. This beef tamale pie everything you need to make a complete and satisfying meal. Your cast iron skillet makes cooking and clean-up a breeze. Most tamale pies consists of a flavorful ground beef base and cornbread topping.
Without it, you've just got a skillet of ground beef and bell. The tamale pie I remember was made with ground beef, with green chile, olives, whole corn, and topped with cornbread, though one could just as easily used pulled pork or a more traditional tamale. Quick and easy Beef Tamale Pie is a family favorite old school casserole with a layer of beef mixed with salsa and cheese and topped with cornbread. You can have Beef Tamale Pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Tamale Pie
- Prepare 1 cup of White cornmeal.
- You need 4 cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 lb of Ground beef.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chopped onions.
- You need 1/3 cup of Chopped green bell peppers.
- It’s 1 can of Whole kernel corn, undrained.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Tomato sauce.
- You need 1 cup of Cheddar cheese.
This recipe is almost too easy to make. Beef & Poblano Tamale Pie. with cornbread-cheddar crust. Make room in your recipe repertoire for this pie, pronto. Home » Recipes » Beef Tamale Pie Recipe.
Beef Tamale Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a sauce pan, bring water to a boil and add the salt. Slowly add the cornmeal and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour 2/3 of the hot cornmeal much into casserole dish. Using the spoon, bring it up the sides as far as it will reach. If cornmeal is to thick to spread water it down a little..
- In a large frying pan, cook, but don't brown the ground beef, breaking it up into crumbs as it cooks. Add onions and green bell peppers and cook 5 minutes longer..
- Add corn (with its liquid), chili powder, salt and tomato sauce, heat until very hot and pour mixture into the casserole dish lined with cornmeal..
- Spoon remaining cornmeal mixture over top. It should be thin enough to spread. (Not watery).
- Top with grated cheese and bake at 350°F, for 35-40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browned.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying Inspiration for this dish came directly from this AMAZING Chicken Tamale Pie from Pinch Of Yum. Add tomatoes with their juice and chili powder; heat to boiling over high heat. These are just like the tamales my Abuelita used to make for special occasions. Tamale Pie is an old school casserole with layers of seasoned beef or chicken, cornbread, and melted gooey cheese. Made from scratch, yet quick and easy, Tamale Pie is perfect for a family favorite. beef tamale pie.