Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce. Give these beautiful king prawns a touch of the caribbean – rolled in flaky coconut then fried to crispy perfection – before serving with either a zesty lemon, or spicy fish and lime sauce. When the coconut has turned light brown on one side, turn the prawns over and cook until crisp and golden on both sides. This sauce is so scrumptious I want to pour it over everything.
Freezable (Freeze the sauce and warm up with frozen prawns.) Stir in the prawns and cook for a few mins more until they turn pink – take care not to overcook them or they'll become tough. Coconut chicken bake is a recipe inspired by the flavours of island favourite of lu/palusami where meat or just plain coconut cream is baked in taro leaves in a umu (earth oven). Coconut Lamb & Vegetable Curry with Cassava. You can have Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- Prepare 2 jars of apricot pineapple preserves.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion, diced.
- It’s 3 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tbs of white sugar.
- It’s 1 tbs of ketchup.
- It’s 1 tbs of yellow mustard.
- You need 3 tbs of cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbs of white vinegar.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1 of LG clove garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 of jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped.
- It’s of For the prawns.
- You need 2 lbs of 16-21 count prawns, deshell devein and butterfly.
- You need 1 pkg of shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of dry tempura batter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of each; salt, garlic powder, ginger, mustard, 5 spice.
- Prepare 1 cup of + 2 tbs ice cold water.
- Prepare 1 cup of ap flour.
- It’s of Lemon slices for garnish.
The ultimate island comfort food, this well loved island pudding and is delicious. This easy Bengali prawn curry, chingri malai, has a spicy coconut sauce and is served with smoky basmati rice. Prepare prawns by peeling off the shells but leaving the tail intact, devein the prawns using a small pairing knife by cutting along the back, also make a long cut on the belly of the prawn from either end..coconut prawns as yes, there is butter, but the coconut shavings play such an important part in Be sure to keep an eye on the prawns while flash frying; they cook really quick and over-cooking Add in prawns, sugar, soy sauce, salt to taste and toss to combine. Remove from heat and mix in toasted.
Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce step by step
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Place coconut on a large baking sheet. Spread out evenly in a thin layer. Bake around 30 minutes. Stir around 3 or 4 times. Coconut should end up lightly toasted, not burnt..
- Mix all ingredients together for the sauce in a LG saucepan or wok. Slowly bring to a simmer over medium low heat. Simmer until onion becomes tender. Remove from heat and cool until able to be worked with. Place in a blender and pulse until it becomes a smooth sauce..
- Meanwhile, prepare prawns. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 360 degrees. Place flour in a bowl. Mix spices with dry tempura mix, then mix in the water. Adjust until it is like thin pancake batter. Place coconut in another bowl..
- Cook 5-6 prawns at a time so the oil maintains temperature. Dredge in flour, then tempura, then coconut. Knock off excess. Hold tip of prawn in the oil for a couple seconds before dropping in. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels..
- To plate, spread sauce on the bottom. Arrange prawns, then garnish with a lemon slice. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Press prawns into flour to coat. Dip in egg batter and then press into coconut/panko mixture. Repeat until all prawns are breaded. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. I like a little orange marmalade or sweet Thai chili sauce.