Chicken kathi roll. About Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe: Kathi rolls have fast become the regular street food around the country, with a host of eateries and stalls selling a variety of this delicious, filling rolls. Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe is a lip smacking roll of a flaky tawa paratha stuffed with a flavourful chicken filling. Once your parathas are ready this dish can be put together real quick.
A kati roll (sometimes spelt kathi roll; Bengali: কাঠি রোল) is a street-food dish originating from Kolkata, West Bengal. In its original form, it is a skewer-roasted kebab wrapped in a paratha bread, although over the years many variants have evolved all of which now go under the generic name of kati roll. I usually serve these kathi rolls with my Cilantro Jalapeño Sauce but this time I decided to whip up a In my opinion, the paratha holds up a lot better and sturdier to the sauciness of the chicken and. You can cook Chicken kathi roll using 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken kathi roll
- It’s of For paratha.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour or maida.
- You need 2 tsp of oil.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare As needed of water.
- You need of For filling.
- You need 500 gm of Chicken (boneless thigh cut into small pieces).
- It’s 1 cup of hung yogurt.
- You need 1 tsp of tandoori chicken masala.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare of For assembling.
- You need 1 of large onion finely sliced.
- You need 2 of green chilies finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper finely chopped lengthwise.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of chilli sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of chat masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 of charcoal.
Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe is a mouth watering and scrumptious roll made using chicken filling and wrapped using a delicious roti. These Chicken Kathi Rolls were truly a culinary adventure for me. Although I love dining on Indian food, I'm not well-versed in cooking from South Asia, also known as the Indian subcontinent. Kathi Kebabs or Kathi rolls is another Street Food item from India that is just loved by one and all.
Chicken kathi roll step by step
- First make a dough for paratha. For this in a large bowl put flour,salt,sugar,oil mix it well then slowly add water & knead a very soft dough set it for 20 minutes. Cover that bowl with a lid after few minutes open the lid and put the chicken pieces in a greased baking tray..
- In a meanwhile marinate the chicken with yogurt,ginger garlic paste and other spices that mentioned above. Now make a whole at the center of the bowl put hot charcoal at the center then pour some oil over it then immediately..
- Cover that bowl with a lid after few minutes open the lid and put the chicken pieces in a greased baking and put it in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes at highest temperature or you can simply roast it on the gas stove..
- Now from the dough take a small portion of the dough then make a laccha paratha out of this(i.e firstmake a plain paratha then sprinkle with some oil and flour over it then with a knife cut at one side then starts folding then it becomes a cone then press it with hand).
- Now assemble everything,first take a paratha put few chicken pieces followed by some onions, green chilies and other sauces chaat masala,lemon juice that mentioned above then roll it and cover half of the roll with butter paper & it’s done.. enjoy .
A Chicken Kathi Roll is the most renowned street food available in the street side stalls in Kolkata. A brilliant street side snack to grab in a hurry. It's marinated & sauteed boneless chicken stuffed inside. Now start making the kathi rolls. Roll the roti tightly over the stuffing.