classic baked chicken kiev. I love chicken kiev in restaurants but have never been able to duplicate it at home this recipe comes close. The only thing I would change is instead of using sweetened cereal for the coating I would use plain. Chicken Kiev is a classic Ukrainian/Russian dish of chicken breast pounded and rolled around a piece of cold herb butter, then breaded and deep fried.
Welcome to Cheffoodiecast Cooking Channel where we teach how to cook delicious homemade foods. This food tutorial shows how to make and cook Chicken Kiev. Baked chicken kiev is a classic Russian/Ukranian dish that I've been wanting to learn to make for years. You can cook classic baked chicken kiev using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of classic baked chicken kiev
- You need 4 large of chicken breasts.
- It’s 4 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of chopped chives.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped tarragon.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 of egs beaten.
- Prepare 2 cup of breadcrumb.
After studying some traditional recipes online, I was inspired to come up with my own healthy baked paleo and low carb version. My easy baked chicken kiev recipe turned out to be much easier. Chicken Kiev, sometimes chicken Kyiv, or just Kiev, is a dish made of chicken fillet pounded and rolled around cold butter, then coated with eggs and bread crumbs, and either fried or baked. Dust lightly in seasoned flour then dip in the beaten egg.
classic baked chicken kiev instructions
- prepare the garlic herb butter: place herbs in a bowl and add softened butter and crushed garlic and mix well untill you have a smooth texture then place the mixture in small individual portions on cling film and roll it up then place in fridge for use later.
- place chicken breasts between plastic wrap and bash it to make it thin and even.
- place the bashed chicken fillets onto a board with the rough side up and lightly season. unwrap the chilled garlic butter prepared earlier and place each small butter portion into the centre of each breast.
- fold the chicken over the butter portions with a slight overlap on the underside of the breast.
- place breadcrumbs, beaten egg and flour into seperate shallow dishes.
- dip the prepared chicken breasts into the flour making sure its evenly coated then into the egg and then the bread crumbs. repeat this twice for each breast.
- chill the chicken breast for 15 mins on a plate in the fridge.
- preheat oven to 420 and lightly butter a baking dish. place the chciken bundles in the dish and bake for 20 mins or untill golden brown..
Fry the chicken until golden, for about. Lay a chicken breast on a chopping board and use a sharp knife to make a deep pocket inside the breast. The easiest way is to push the point of a knife into the fat end, keep going halfway into the fillet. Be careful not to cut all the way through or the butter will leak out when cooking. Chicken Kiev Recipe: Easy Homemade Kiev Chicken Recipe.