leek & baked potato soup. Leek is the common name for a cultivated, edible, bulbous, herbaceous plant, Allium ampeloprasum var. porrum, also classified as Allium porrum, which is characterized by broad, flat, tightly wrapped, dark green leaves, a long, thick white stalk, and a slightly bulbous root. Перевод слова leek, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция, словосочетания, примеры использования. Practice what you preach. Показать эту ветку. leek @astroleek. You could have the purest heart it's still gonna be mfs that fix they mouth to say something negative about you FUCK.
Wikipedia Article About Leek on Wikipedia. The leek (Allium ampeloprasum var. porrum (L.) J. Gay) is a vegetable belonging, with onion and garlic, to the Alliaceae, the onion family. You can cook leek & baked potato soup using 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of leek & baked potato soup
- It’s 1 stalk of leek 6-8 in. long.
- You need 3 medium of leftover baked potatoes (cold).
- It’s 1/4 small of onion (minced).
- It’s 3 cup of stock (chicken or beef or veg.).
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt (split).
- You need 1 tsp of cracked black pepper (split).
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 of splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 of or 3 DROPS liquid smoke.
From Middle English leke, leek, lek, from Old English lēac ("a garden herb, leek, onion, garlic"), from Proto-Germanic *lauką *laukaz ("leek, onion"), from Proto-Indo-European *lewg- ("to bend"). Cognate with Dutch look ("garlic, leek"), Low German look, Look, German Lauch ("leek, allium"), Danish løg. Leeks are relatives of onions and scallions. Find out equivalents and how to measure them.
leek & baked potato soup step by step
- over medium heat.
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter and olive oil in 3-4 quart pot..
- cut leeks into 2-3 mm thick slices, put into bowl and separate into slivers.
- add to hot oils.
- add minced onion..
- stir often with wooden spoon. Do not let leeks brown. They will become bitter..
- add 1/2 of the salt and pepper.
- after about 2-3 minutes, add garlic powder..
- add remaining 2 tbsp. butter, melt..
- add flour to create rue..
- stirr often..
- incorporate 2 cups of stock. Stir until smooth and silky..
- add paprika, coriander, Worcestershire, lemon juice..
- stir until well blended..
- add a little more stock and reduce heat to a good simmer..
- dice cold potatoes (I use yukon golds) any will work.
- add to soup. stir..
- after potatoes are added, the starch from them will continue to thicken it. add stock as needed from here out..
- add 2-3 DROPS of liquid smoke. ONLY A COUPLE OF DROPS. This is strong flavor..
- if you don't have liq. smoke, double smoked paprika. Or use a pinch of cumin..
- let simmer 15-20 minutes. eat..
Also see what you can substitute for leeks in a recipe. leek. Leek cultivars can be subdivided in several ways, but the most common types are "summer leeks", intended for harvest in the season when planted, and overwintering leeks, meant to be harvested in. It is of the family or genus Allium which also contains the onion A leek is a member of the onion family, but is not actually an onion. Leek definition is – a biennial garden herb (Allium porrum synonym A. ampeloprasum porrum) of the lily family that is commonly grown as an annual for its mildly pungent succulent linear leaves and. Welcome to the Leek group in the Data Science Lab and the Department of Biostatistics at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Health.