Smoked bbq baked beans. Easy recipe for Barbecue Baked Beans Smoked right on the BBQ Pit #barbecuebakedbeans #bbqbakedbeans #howtobbqright My mom was always in charge of making the. Bake those beans "low and slow" for some real old time tasting BBQ smoked beans. And the BBQ Pit Boys show you how easy it is to do with this recipe.
They're equal parts savory and sweet with a little spice. Old School Barbecue Baked Beans – this simple recipe uses pork & beans and gets smoked on a BBQ Pit for hours to get that sweet, smoky flavor. My mom was always in charge of making the beans for our family barbecues, and this recipe reminds of the barbecue baked beans she made. You can have Smoked bbq baked beans using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked bbq baked beans
- It’s 2 lbs of Navy beans.
- It’s of Water to cook beans 6 cups or more.
- You need of Favorite bbq sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Brown sugar.
- You need to taste of Yellow mustard.
- You need Half of a red onion diced.
- It’s of Bacon or leftover ham optional.
- Prepare to taste of Minced garlic.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste and an other seasoning you like.
- Prepare to taste of Hot sauce of choice.
- Prepare of Aluminum throwaway pan.
- You need of Wood chips of choice.
- You need of Water for pan in smoker.
Homemade Vegetarian Baked Beans are slow cooked, and saucy! Make this BBQ baked beans recipe from dried or canned beans. An essential side dish to all things summer, BBQ baked beans are a perfect accompaniment to picnics, cookouts, BBQs, or camping! Canned baked beans have nothing on this flavor rich recipe.
Smoked bbq baked beans instructions
- Presoak beans in a quick soak or overnight follow bag instructions.
- Cook beans to package instructions. I did a quick soak and did everything in a pressure cooker/ instant pot. I covered my beans with water little over 6 cups, cooked on low for 3 mins with a natural release of ten mins… then quick release..
- Drained water from cooked beans. Set aside.
- In a frying pan add some oil to just cover the bottom and brown the diced onion, and right before it’s done add in the minced garlic, and ham / bacon. I used leftover Easter ham and use my food processor, or can leave in bits sizes chunks… bacon- if using bacon cut it in small chunks before frying with onions. Set aside.
- In a big bowl add in all the wet ingredients and spices, brown sugar… mix, then add in the onion mixture, mix up some more, then carefully fold in cooked beans, (at this point this can be done lol or just popped in the oven to heat up if you don’t have a smoker or didn’t want to smoke them, beans are already fully cooked.).
- Spray Aluminum pan with cooking spray. Pour beans into pan..
- Set up smoker. I use an Electric smoker. I put my food in turn on high till it starts to smoke and then go to med heat. And replace wood chips as needed. I let this go for about 4 hrs checking on them from time to time. Cooking times just depends on how you want your bbq bake beans. I just taste test,and pull them out to my liking. This can go for just 2 hrs or all day.. the choice is yours….
This recipe below is more Southern than Boston Baked Beans , sweeter, and will Step up your next cookout with this recipe for the ultimate BBQ baked beans featuring a kiss of Bourbon. This will arguably result in the best baked beans. Smoke more than just meat in your drum cooker. Try these sweet and salty baked beans with bacon, onions and dark brown sugar. BBQ beans with smoked sausage, bacon and ground beef made easy in the crock pot!