Spring pork in the oven pot with citrus. Sponsored Post: We've teamed up with Farm Promise to bring you versatile recipes featuring their wholesome, delicious pork raised to not only sustain us, but the land too. This dinner idea screams of spring. Try this easy, citrus-marinated pork loin served with bright spring vegetables.
Spring pork in the oven pot with citrus Dear friends at this difficult time be creative with a Cretan easy recipe! With strips of pork loin sautéed with cumin and garlic, served in a citrusy sauce with carrots and egg noodles. Under the headings of quick, easy, and a good way to stretch a half pound of pork, I present this Citrus Pork with Egg Noodles. You can cook Spring pork in the oven pot with citrus using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spring pork in the oven pot with citrus
- Prepare 2 kg of pork ham without bone, cut into portions.
- You need 8-10 of large potatoes, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 4 of large carrots (cut into large pieces).
- Prepare 4-5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s of Juice of 2 fresh oranges and two large pieces of orange peel.
- Prepare of Juice of 2 fresh lemons and two large pieces of lemon peel.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of oregano.
- It’s of Fresh rosemary.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- You need of Ground pepper.
I've adapted the recipe from one that I got from my friend. Add cilantro stems to pot with pork (reserve leaves for salad). Let pork cool until you can handle it, then shred it into bite-size pieces while still warm. Pork can be made up until.
Spring pork in the oven pot with citrus instructions
- We prefer to choose pork ham that has some fat on it, catted into large pieces. The night before, place the meat in a large pan. Squeeze the oranges and lemons, but before squeezing them, keep a few pieces of peel from both of them. Put the juice in a large jar with a lid. Add the garlic gloves to the jar, the rosemary buds and the oregano..
- Put the juice in a large jar with a lid. Add the garlic gloves to the jar, the rosemary buds and the oregano. Put some olive oil in a bowl add the vegetable stock cube and place it in the microwave for 15 seconds to soften. Dissolve well the cube with the olive oil using a fork and add it to the jar with the rest of the marinade ingredients, add the rest of the olive oil. Close the jar with the lid and beat well to mix all the ingredients. Pour the marinade over the meat and add the citrus peel.
- Cover with gelatin and place in the fridge. Let it marinate all night (If you do not have that much time, leave it, at least in marinade for 4 hours). The next day, take the meat bowl out of the fridge and leave it, until reach room temperature..
- Peel the potatoes and slice them. Place them in the oven pot. Peel the carrots, chopped them and add them in the oven pot. Lightly salt (do not forget that we have put in the marinade the vegetable stock cube) and add some extra pepper on top. Preheat the at 200 degrees C, use the up and down resistances. Mix the potatoes with the carrots, so that the salt and pepper go everywhere..
- Then place the pieces of marinated pork on top of them. Pour over the marinade. Place the pot in the oven uncovered and bake for 45 minutes..
- After 45 minutes, cover the oven pot and continue baking for another 2 hours. Bon Appetit.
While the pork tenderloin and sweet potatoes roast together in the oven, whip up the citrus molasses Au Jus to finish the dish. Place the sweet potatoes into a large roasting pan. At a glance Water potted citrus two to three times a week, and possibly daily in very hot weather. Apply citrus food in small amounts monthly from August to mid autumn. Citrus trees are sunseekers so be sure to move them to where they can basks in.