Stuffed Flounder Fillets. I love ordering Stuffed Flounder at the restaurants. This one I can enjoy at home and with less calories and carbs. Spoon an equal amount of stuffing into center of each fillet.
Chef Mike shows off Service Foods' new stuffed flounder fillets. Enjoy a delicious all natural meal. Baked Flounder Fillets in Lemon-Soy Vinaigrette Epicurious. You can cook Stuffed Flounder Fillets using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Flounder Fillets
- You need 4 of large flounder fillets rinse and pat dry.
- You need 1 of large shallot minced.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery minced.
- You need 1 of jalapeno seeded and minced.
- Prepare 3-4 of red, yellow, or orange mini sweet peppers seeded and minced (depends on how big they are).
- It’s of *The small peppers are sweeter and the flavor is milder which pairs well with the delicate fish and sweet crab meat. I wouldn't recommend green bell peppers.
- Prepare of Zest of one lemon.
- Prepare Slice of the same lemon into wedges and reserve for serving.
- It’s 8 oz of container of crab meat.
- You need 1 Tbsp of canola oil or any neutral flavored oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need of non stick vegetable spray.
Baked Flounder Stuffed With Crabmeat CDKitchen. Our most trusted Flounder Fillets recipes. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. I used flounder fillets instead of whole flounder (I spread the filling between two large fillets).
Stuffed Flounder Fillets step by step
- Start with cleaning and filleting your fish. We had 2 big flounder and filleted both. We only used the 4 biggest and meatiest fillets for this recipe, which is the top side of the flounder. If you get yours from the market make sure to ask for the top fillets only. Don't worry… we didn't waste the bottom fillets. I fried them up the next night, but I get to that dish another day. Rinse the fillets and pat dry. Make sure there are no bones left behind..
- Open the crab meat and pour into a bowl. Gently pick through it for any pieces of shell. Set aside..
- Have all your other ingredients prepped (the peppers, shallot, celery, and garlic should all be minced very small and all the same size.) Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Once heated add one tablespoon canola oil, shallots, peppers, and celery. Stir until they just start to soften and add the garlic and lemon zest. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and continue to cook for just another minute or two. You want everything soft but not fully cooked through. It will finish in the oven with the fish..
- Remove from heat and let cool. Then mix in with the crab meat..
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up. Spray foil with non stick vegetable spray..
- Prepare the fillets by making a slit down the middle of the flesh. Make sure you don't cut through the skin. Sorry I don't have a picture of me actually cutting the fillets, So use the red line as a guide from the picture below. Once you have your slit down the middle gently work your fingers between the skin and flesh going outwards. This will create a pocket for your stuffing..
- Lightly salt and pepper the fillets inside and out. Stuff your fillets with the crab and veggies. Place on your foiled baking sheet. Place in oven for 10 minutes..
- Mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese together and set aside. When the 10 minutes is up take fish out of oven and top with breadcrumb mixture. Lightly spray with vegetable spray to moisten breadcrumbs. You could use olive oil or butter, but I was taking the lighter option..
- Place back in oven and turn your broiler on. Keep your eye on it. It can burn very quickly. Once it turns golden brown it's done. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes..
- Serve it up with your favorite sides and a lemon wedge. We did roasted asparagus and a few seared scallops..
I also used SHRIMP instead of crab because it's all I had and I was craving a stuffed fish entreé. Easy Oven Baked Flounder Fillets with lemon pepper and dill weed. This is a simple and easy recipe as is perfect dinner option. A wide variety of flounder fillet options are available to you, such as part, feature, and certification. stuffed flounder-fillet nutrition facts and nutritional information. Remove the shell from crabmeat and add green pepper, pimiento, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, Old Bay, cayenne, and.