Twice Baked Potato Skins. Enjoy these at a party as appetizers or serve as a side with dinner. How to Prepare: Use small russet potatoes which are best for. Take baked potatoes to the ultimate level of creamy, cheesy, buttery goodness.
Place in a large mixing bowl and add the bacon bits and sour cream. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Vegetable Samosas with Mint Cilantro Chutney. You can have Twice Baked Potato Skins using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Twice Baked Potato Skins
- It’s 5 of baking potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 lb. of bacon, diced and cooked.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sliced green onions.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need of Seasonings of choice:.
- It’s of black pepper, salt, garlic powder.
Try this tasty recipe for twice baked potatoes with cheese. The potatoes are baked and then filled with beaten potato, cheese, and seasonings. These twice-baked potatoes are a wonderful change of pace from everyday baked potatoes or the "same-old" mashed potatoes. NYT Cooking: At its simplest, a twice-baked potato is creamy, cheesy mashed potatoes cradled in crisp, salty skin.
Twice Baked Potato Skins instructions
- Cook potatoes in oven or microwave until tender; cut in half length wise and allow to cool slightly. Carefully scoop out insides of each leaving a potato shell and place potato you scooped out in a bowl..
- Turn shells over and spray with cooking spray. Place in oven at 400 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes or until they have slightly crisped..
- Meanwhile add butter, milk, sour cream and seasonings to potato mixture and mash well to combine..
- Place potato mixture in a thin layer on each potato shell. Note: you will have left over mashed potatoes; save for later use if you wish..
- Top each with cheddar cheese and place back in oven for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese has melted..
- Top each with cooked bacon and green onions..
- I served mine with my restaurant ranch dressing. Enjoy!.
That's the recipe you see here: comforting, satisfying and pretty much ideal. But if you dream of other flavor combinations, like bacon, scallions and sour cream; blue cheese and chives. The basic idea behind these sweet potato potato skins was to bake the sweet potatoes until tender, scoop out the flesh, mash it and mix it up with common sweet potato casserole ingredients, stuffing the mixture back into the skins before topping with a pecan streusel and baking a second time! These twice-baked potatoes are as flavorful as they are nostalgia-inducing—and with the addition of a few colorful toppings, they're pretty beautiful to And get this: We've even included a loaded potato skins recipe that works for breakfast. So what are you waiting for?