Quick Sausage Casserole. The Hairy Bikers' sausage casserole is like a big hug on a cold winter's day! The Hairy Bikers' take on sausage casserole makes a wonderfully warming and filling dish, and it freezes brilliantly. Cook a one-pot sausage casserole or cassoulet for a warming midweek meal – and add beans, lentils and vegetables to your stew for extra goodness.
Sausage casserole has never been simpler. This easy sausage casserole recipe combines To reheat your sausage stew opt for the microwave. Its a quick option when you're short on time and. You can cook Quick Sausage Casserole using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick Sausage Casserole
- It’s 6 of Italian Style Sausages.
- Prepare 2 of Red Onion.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare 1 Glass of Red Wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Tomato Puree.
- It’s of Rosemary.
- It’s of Thyme.
- It’s 1 Ltr of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 1/2 of Butternut Squash.
Reviews for: Photos of Sausage Casserole. This Quick Sausage Casserole fits the bill. quick, tasty and interesting. A few different ingredients make this sausage casserole stand out and be noticed. Not to mention the fact that it was delicious.
Quick Sausage Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a heavy bottomed casserole dish, add a little vegetable/olive oil and seal your sausages all over.
- Meanwhile, finely slice your onions and garlic. When the sausages are browned all over, remove from the pan and set aside. Add the onions and fry on a low heat for around five minutes until they are starting to caramelise.
- At this stage, add salt to draw any remaining liquid out and your garlic. Continue to fry until they start sticking to the pan. Add the red wine to deglaze the pan and reduce until its nearly evaporated.
- Add the tomato puree and chopped herbs, and cook out for two minutes. Meanwhile peel and slice the butternut squash, removing the seeds and cut into thin wedges..
- Add the beef stock and bring to the boil. When simmering add back the sausages and the sliced squash.
- Put in the oven for 30 minutes or until the squash is tender, with a caramelised outer and serve with a side of your choice.
This hearty sausage casserole is quick to put together and uses baked beans to make it an easy midweek meal. You can make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free sausages, Worcestershire. Make this satisfying sausage stew ahead Make the most of kale in our sausage one-pot recipe, served with a quick, punchy gremolata on the side. Remove from pan and cut each sausage into. If you're looking for family casserole recipe ideas, then give Jools Oliver's sausage and bean casserole recipe a go.