Cooking Light's Chili Mac.
You can cook Cooking Light's Chili Mac using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cooking Light's Chili Mac
- You need 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 lb of Trader Joe's Beefless Ground Beef.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 c of water.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of can of tomato sauce, no salt added.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can of diced tomatoes, no salt added.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of red beans, drained.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 c of uncooked elbow macaroni.
- You need 1 1/2 c of frozen corn.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Trader Joe's corn chips.
Cooking Light's Chili Mac instructions
- In a large dutch oven, saute onion in olive oil on medium heat until soft. Add green pepper and saute until soft. Add some water to saute and prevent scorching if needed. Also you may cover, stirring frequently to hasten cooking along..
- Add Beefless Ground Beef and garlic. Saute until heated through and slightly browned. Add 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 3-4 minutes covered to combine flavors..
- Heat 1-2 quarts of water in a small saucepan to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Drain when cooked..
- Add canned tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, red beans, and tomato paste to Beefless beef mixture and stir to combine..
- Add elbow macaroni and corn. Stir to combine. Add chili powder, cumin and salt. You may add pepper if you prefer. I use Chimayo chile powder and recommend it if you can obtain it..
- Cook for 30 minutes simmering on low medium heat. Stir every 10 minutes to prevent scorching. Add 1/4 c of water if needed. The final result should not be very saucy..
- Serve in shallow bowls, top with cheddar cheese. Corn chips on the side. Use to scoop up chili mac or crumbled on top. Both are preferred methods in our house..