Leftover Corned Beef & Cabbage Grilled Sandwich.
You can cook Leftover Corned Beef & Cabbage Grilled Sandwich using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Leftover Corned Beef & Cabbage Grilled Sandwich
- It’s A few of slices leftover cooked corned beef – chopped.
- You need 1 of wedge leftover boiled cabbage – chopped.
- It’s 2 oz of (about) freshly shredded swiss cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of (again, about lol) thousand island dressing.
- It’s 4 slices of bread, your choice (all I had on hand was whole wheat).
- It’s 2 tbs of unsalted butter – softened.
Leftover Corned Beef & Cabbage Grilled Sandwich step by step
- First you need to get some of the excess moisture out of the cabbage since we'll be adding some with the dressing. Heat a 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot add corned beef and cabbage. Cook until most of the moisture has evaporated stirring often, just a few minutes..
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and let cool about 10 minutes. Stir in shredded swiss and dressing until combined. Rinse and dry skillet and heat over medium-low. While heating spread 1/2 tbs butter on one side of each slice of bread..
- I find it works best to cook one sammich at a time, so place one slice of bread butter side down in skillet. Spoon about half the filling over bread slice in skillet. Top with second slice of bread, butter side up..
- When bottom slice is browned (about 4-5 min) flip, gently press down on top with spatula, cover skillet to ensure everything gets melty while the second side browns (another few minutes)..
- Transfer to a plate, let rest a few minutes. Cut to serve if desired. Enjoy!.