Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich. Here's another way to serve up those delicious whole wheat pitas we made in the previous episode. This is a super lean and super fast meal that's actually satisfying! Make this easy Greek-Style Beef Pita Sandwiches recipe for a deliciously healthy meal.
Combine beef and lemon pepper in medium bowl. Greek Style Pita Sandwiches gives a pleasant taste. The boneless lamb and reduced calorie salad dressing makes Greek Style Pita Sandwiches very unique and tasty. You can have Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich
- You need of crispy coating.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt kosher.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s of main.
- It’s 4 of each pocketless Pita bread.
- Prepare of as needed sliced sweet onion.
- It’s of as needed tomato, chopped.
- Prepare of as needed feta cheese.
- Prepare of as needed taziki sauce.
- You need of meat.
- You need 3/4 lb of Beef.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Greek seasoning.
For a lamb sandwich recipe that would give us similar flavors and textures to traditional gyros, even if they didn't have the traditional appearance, we pan-fried ground lamb patties flavored with oregano, onion, and minced garlic. You're gonna need a bigger pita. Season thin-sliced Sirloin with lemon pepper and skillet-cook, then pile it into hummus-filled pita pockets and top with Combine beef and lemon pepper in medium bowl. I loved the flavors of the cool cucumbers and red onion with the tangy feta cheese and succulent beef.
Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich step by step
- You can buy, or make your own tzatziki sauce, I happen to like this one https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356322-tzatziki-sauce.
- Slice your beef into nice strips for eating. I am using tenderized steaks here. I like a 1/4 inch square slice (give or take).
- Mix the cut beef with the Greek seasoning. Don't use a heavy salt based seasoning or it may be to salty. This one has very little to no salt in it, and works great..
- Allow meat to sit for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours..
- Mix the first 5 ingredients (crispy coating) in a bowl large enough to hold the meat.
- Put the meat in the bowl with the crispy coating, mix well.
- Prep your sandwich fixings.
- Add about 1/8 inch or so oil to a pan on medium to medium high heat. You want the oil to come up about 1/3 the way of your beef pieces..
- Place the meat strips in the pan, do not crowd them our they will stick together. Fry about 1 1/2 minutes, flip over, fry another 1 to 1 1/2 minutes..
- Remove cooked strips to a paper towel, cook the remaining in like method. Do not over cook beef, it will become tough, and hard to eat in a sandwich..
- I like to microwave my Pita bread about 30 seconds each, to warm and soften them..
- Assembly your sandwiches and enjoy..
This great lamb recipe makes a fantastic pita sandwich. Keep your kebabs the width of your pita so you can simply slide the skewer off into your sandwich. This is one of a few different ways you can make delicious Greek kebabs. Cold or hot, kids and adults alike will agree that these. Pita Sandwiches – Arby's recently re-introduced two popular pita sandwiches to its permanent menu.