Swahili Beef Pilau(Quick fix). Follow my step by guide to make Beef pilau. The Real original Swahili-Style Pilau Recipe- How to make Beef Pilau Quick and delicious rice recipe. The Real Original Swahili-Style Pilau Recipe.
Pishori Rice, big Onions, Cumin powder, Garam powder, Vegetable oil, ginger garlic paste, paprika. Pilau has a wonderful balance of flavors. It is a festive dish, which is never missing during special occasions or events. You can have Swahili Beef Pilau(Quick fix) using 9 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Swahili Beef Pilau(Quick fix)
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 cups of rice.
- Prepare 1 kg of beef(more or less depending with your liking).
- You need 5 of large potatoes. (Halve them).
- It’s 2 tbsp of whole pilau spices(Grind to make fresh pilau masala).
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic and ginger paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin spice powder.
- It’s 2 of large onions.
- You need 1 handful of coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 (1 cup) of cooking oil.
It's made with rice cooked in a well-seasoned broth of Meat or chicken. Unlike the Indian pilau, the East African version does not use curry and it's less spicy. A quick search for biriyani on google and you're bound to end up with a gazillion recipes to choose from hailing from India or Pakistan. Now I'm not here to start Hi Vanessa, thank you for posting these easy Swahili recipes… Quick question…. how did you marinate the chicken? on your video you stated it.
Swahili Beef Pilau(Quick fix) step by step
- Chop onions and fry the till golden brown.
- Add garlic and ginger paste and cook for about 1 minute. Make sure they don't burn.
- Add pilau masala and cumin spice and mix well.
- Add your boiled beef and mix well. Let it cook through for about 2 mins on medium heat.
- Add salt to your preference.
- Add your potatoes and mix well. Let it cook for about 2 mins also so that the oil,spices and beef marry nicely with the potatoes.
- Add coriander and mix for 1 min.
- Add your rice and mix well.
- Pour in the beef broth measured as 2 and 1/2 cups. Mix everything well.
- If using gas cooker, cover the sufuria with a lid and reduce the heat. Let it cook for about 15mins. By now the aroma must be torturing you like crazy :).
- If using a jiko,put aside your sufuria and scoop out some hot charcoal and place it on top of your lid.
- Take two sheets of newspaper,dip them in water and drain off dripping water then cover the top part of the sufuria with them.
- Place the sufuria lid which has hot charcoal on top and let it cook.
- The concept of using damp newspaper sheets and covering the lid with hot charcoal is to make the pilau get its authentic infused aroma and make the rice come out one by one(direct translation :D).
- You will know your pilau is ready when the potatoes and rice are cooked.
- Serve while hot and garnish with some lemony kachumbari,chopped dhania and cooked pilipili(will do a recipe on this. No wahala).
- Teremsha the sweet pilau with a glass of cold juice or your preferred beverage.
- Please try this beef pilau recipe and let me know how it turned out. Its a sure quick fix for those days you crave for authentic Swahili pilau.
Contact Swahili pilau online hotel on Messenger. See more ideas about beef pilau recipe, pilau rice, homemade beef. Using brown rice is brilliant because it cooks to perfection as the meat becomes fall-apart tender. The Real original Swahili-Style Pilau Recipe- How to make Beef Pilau Quick and delicious rice recipe. How to make yummy and easy Swahili beef pilau.